A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

When I stuck my nose back in and started posting again' date=' I did briefly consider doing something similar to that Next Generation race of aliens that spoke only in metaphor: making my posts using only the [i']Magic[/i] cards that I had created, and no typed text at all. I quickly disregarded this notion for two reasons. First, it would have been incredibly self-referrential. Second, it would have taken a lot of effort to find the cards to piece out what I wanted to say each time, and I tend to ramble on. In other words, I didn't primarily because I'm lazy...

Welcome back, Dr. A.! We like you just the way you are. And I mean that in the best sense possible! :D

I have a newfound respect for Keira Knightley.

She said that she tried putting on weight to scotch rumours that she had anorexia but that her doctor pooh-poohed the idea.

"Basically, my body type is naturally thin. There is nothing I can do about it," she says, adding: "I hate the fact that naturally thin women like me are becoming scapegoats for promoting a mental illness."

I discovered that the lunch I've been eating nearly every day for the past month only contains 1280 calories. (Wendy's Spicky Chicken Sandwhich plain, med fry, med ice tea, and med chocolate frosty.) I have no idea how many calories I consume on a regular day of eating (ie good breakfast, nice morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinnner, and before bed snack; I'm pregnant...what can I say :P), but I'd guess it's somewhere around 2500-3000 calories. I guess. Might be less as my snacks tend to be granola bars or something healthy, and I rarely eat less than half of what's set before me for dinner.

And to top off things, I lost 6 pounds between my March 28th and May 2nd doctor's appointments. :D

Just an interesting fact for myself today that I thought I'd share.

Every time I repost either the fembots or the dancing girls, I get more rep.

I really should put more effort into getting the interdimensional babes ready though.

Lucius Alexander

The Palindromedary notes that we've already forgotten who gave us the idea for interdimensional babes....

I feel so lonely

The world is empty every night and day

Locked in an era

A sea of madness in a world of pain

Been around before

I just can't go on no, no, no, no

Same old song go on go home

This can't go on

So turn the lights down

Go on hold me, don't go away

Look at the mirror

You're in my arms, you're here to stay

Been around before

This can't go on

It's not hard to say it's easy

It's so hard to make it right

It's not hard to love

But good love is hard to find

Been around before

This can't go on

Nadir D'Priest :cool:

Damn, but I am sore.

My Parents-in-law came up this weekend to help me put in a sprinkler system for my new house. My FIL is on the water board in his hometown, so he knows a thing or two about irrigation systems. So I spent the whole weekend digging holes and then filling them in.

I hardly slept a wink last night, tossing and turning all night due to sore arms and shoulders. I'm still hurting, but at least I'm not in agony. But I am tired tired tired tired.

But at least we've got half of the system complete! And it seems to be working! He's going to come up again in 2 weeks to finish the front lot. I'm really looking forward to getting this job done.