A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I'm enjoying spring. 77 degrees yesterday and today. All the flowers are blooming on the trees and in the gardens. We have red and a few yellow tulips in front of our complex. All the little trees have blossoms and I even have cherry blossoms outside my window. Tonight it's thunderstorming. Maybe tomorrow too, but tomorrow is supposed to be 70.

We didn't really get much of a Winter. We had one four inch snowfall and it was gone three days later. The others were just dustings.

My cat had lost a lot of weight over the last year, and I finally took him to the animal hospital to find out why, and if it could be fixed. Preliminary blood analysis didn't show anything conclusive, so I went back for another test. While there, I had a brainstorm. Maybe he's not eating because he has a dental problem. A look at his teeth said this was a possibility, so I left him overnight to see the kitty dentist.

The next day, I got my cat back. In addition to the cleaning, it turned out he needed an X-ray and two tooth extractions. He is in better spirits, though my credit card didn't like the $500 hit. :nonp: I'm glad they have pain meds for him. I know firsthand how much a toothache and extraction can hurt. But he is feeling much better now, and his appatite has improved greatly. Though I'm feeding him canned instead of dry for a little while to give his mouth time to heal up.

Bad week for electronics.

While driving back from Vegas I pass a construction site and then the acrid smell of the smoke being let out of some electronics hits me.

I think it's the construction and air out the van. And then the MP3 player stops. Nothing to be done about it at the time, and turns out it's the USB power converter for it that blew.

Lost my Nikon Coolpix camera. The one I'd carry if I didn't want to carry the D80.

Decided today to clean my computer cases. One dead fan on my gaming system that I don't have a spare for. Will probably pick it up in Phoenix.

My wife had a dead fan as well and then I noticed her power supply fans. Both of them dead. Her machine is still running fine and well within temp tolerance, but geez. Thank the redundancy deities.

So I think what I'll be buying this weekend:

A new power supply. (I just don't feel like redoing the fans...)

A fan for my system

An air purifier for the computer room.

Happy pills! And they can't possibly have kicked in already; I chalk it up to placebo effect, and the nice turn in the weather.

Seems an unorthodox use of them, but what do I know? I can't even figure out whether it was the happy pills or vitamin B-12 that made my breakfast taste so much more . . . Like food? Hard to describe.