A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I'm frustrated enough to scream.

What I WANT is at least one example text of the vows of Chastity, Poverty, and Obedience.

Or even of just ONE of those vows.

But NOOOOOOooooo.....

I get tons of webpages ABOUT the vows, from simple statements that monks and nuns do, in fact, take vows of yadayadayad to freakin' dissertations on canon law.....

How can I make a search engine understand "I do NOT want one billions web pages that happen to mention all the words "vow" and "poverty" and "chastity" and "obedience." I DO want Just. ONE. Page, with the actual TEXT of at lesst one of those vows."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests I ask a monk, but that's easier said than done.

Dear Mr. ____,

I imagine that the failing grade you receive in my 101 class this term will come as a shock to you, and from weak grasp I have on your reactions from your few appearances in class, it may that you will protest this F to my department chair. There is certainly no mistake about it, which you would certainly agree with if you had ever bothered to pick up either your first mid-term (16 out 100, 2nd lowest in the class) or your second (6 out of 100, dead last). And to avert suspicions that I harbor prejudice against your case, allow me to be exuberant about your score on the final, where you were third from the bottom, a clear five points out of 140 better than the two gentlemen who didn't show up at all.

Love & Kisses,

Professor Cancer

Dear Mr. ____,

I imagine that the failing grade you receive in my 101 class this term will come as a shock to you, and from weak grasp I have on your reactions from your few appearances in class, it may that you will protest this F to my department chair. There is certainly no mistake about it, which you would certainly agree with if you had ever bothered to pick up either your first mid-term (16 out 100, 2nd lowest in the class) or your second (6 out of 100, dead last). And to avert suspicions that I harbor prejudice against your case, allow me to be exuberant about your score on the final, where you were third from the bottom, a clear five points out of 140 better than the two gentlemen who didn't show up at all.

Wow, Cancer. I had no idea you taught me first year calculus. That was a long time ago.

Wierd. My gaming group and I are taking a break from our regular game (Fantasy Hero) and we're discussing what to play next. A bunch of them are all like, "Wow, I'd really like to play an old-school D&D game with lots of monster-bashing and lewt-stealing." So I said, "Hey, how about we try a short game of 4th edition? I've been reading the new Player's Handbook and it looks like it's all about killing monsters and stealing their stuff." And everyone is like, "No, that's not what we want at all."

So I'm confused. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Dear co-worker,

No, I don't want to own my own business, but I appreciate the vote of confidence.

Yes, my hobbies do seem silly. Thank you once again.

No, I don't seem to have much of a life. Thank you for pointing this out.

It's always a pleasure to work evenings.