A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I am in the position of needing a replacement heatsink & fan for my computer's video card. It seems I can either buy the heatsink & fan for about $30-40, or I could buy the exact same video card off of ebay for about $10-15.

The sad thing is I originally paid $400 for this video card (several years ago, but still. :idjit:)

In the last month, a good friend and a total stranger, though a friend of an acquaintance, had to put their dogs down. I was devastated by Judah's death and saddened by the loss for the stranger.

Today is Duncan's seventh birthday. Jenny was kind enough to bring him to see me, I miss the little guy.

My patrons there's often vacillate between stupid and stoopid.

I had a guy last night that wanted a book on tape measures. Odd request, but nothing terrible there. To nobody's surprise (except the patron's) we had no books on tape measures. Then I asked what specific kind of information he might be looking for.

"You know, how to read them."

:nonp:

:rofl:

I saw a mousie today.

It was in the early part of the morning, before the sun came up. The sky was gray, just barely light enough to see. I was in my car at the park-n-ride, waiting for the vanpool to pick me up, when I saw something moving in the weeds just in front of the car. I looked a little closer, and there was a little gray mousie running around! I turned on my car lights to see him better, and he froze for a few seconds, then darted back to his little mousie hole.

Mousie Squee!

(Yeah, I know. Disease-carrying vermin. Still. Mousie squee!) :bounce:

The advantage in running a sword and sorcery campaign for people who haven't read the works of Howard, Burroughs or Leiber is that you can shamelessly borrow stuff from the books for your game, and your players won't know any better.

Oh we are off to a GREAT start today.

First, if your job is to test the alarm system, the best time to do that is really BEFORE THE PUBLIC COMES IN. Just a thought.

Second, do you really think you're going to get a job with the government if you're too lazy to fill out an application? You can't walk in a dazzle the hiring manager with your smile. Those days are long gone. Especially for someone who refuses to leave the house. :rolleyes:

Can't think of anywhere else to put this.

From Overheard in NY:

Father: And since I've started smoking cigars in the basement, you can smoke pot down there without your mom knowing.

Daughter: Wait, seriously?

Father: Yeah, just don't tell your brother. He already thinks you're the favorite.

--26th & 10th

ETA: And, this one is great, too.

Hippie, sarcastically to suit in '72 Cadillac convertible: Nice car. Where's the rest of The Sopranos?

Suit driving away, deadpan, without missing a beat: In the f***ing trunk.

--Wall St