A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Ok so 2008 was rough 2009 has proven thus far equally nasty in the job/finance department.

I was demoted in my typing class to relearn what I have forgotten. I'm finally caught up.

I'm treading water for the moment. Good news comes with bad comes with meh.

Bur for at least today? I'm smiling so much my ears my fall off.

So, I'm watching Quantum of Solace and 3/4 of the way through the movie I start thinking: "That blood stain on Bond's shirt should be a deep russet brown by now," and it starts annoying me that its still a dusty lipstick red color. Then it hits me: if they made it a deep russet brown 95% of the audience would freak out because it was red even though dried blood turns a brownish color. You can't win for losing.

I thought it was going to be a picture of the Minbari flagship that John Sheridan blew up by mining an asteroid belt with fusion bombs.

Pulled this off a different discussion 'cause I didn't want to derail.

The whole Minbari/Blackstar thing always confused the hell out of me. Tell me if I got this wrong:

1. Earth and Minbar went to war.
  2. The Minbari, with their superior technology, kicked Earth's adze. Destroyed every single ship the Earth fleet had. Won every single encounter. Massacred whole colonies. Killed millions (if not billions) -- civilians, soldiers, women, children, didn't matter. Brought the war right to Earth's doorstep, and were prepared to render the whole human race extinct.
  3. Humans, in the entire course of the war, destroyed exactly one Minbari ship -- the Blackstar. One. One ship, against the hundreds (thousands) of Earth ships that the Minbari destroyed. Just one.
  4. And so the Minbari warrior caste wanted vengeance against the Earth captain who did it? Dude, seriously, WTF??? Our one against your several hundred -- how about if we just call it even?

Jebus, I liked the show but that one thing always confused the hell out of my poor bunny brain. :confused:

Going East Coast (v) - To berate someone in a loud and beligerant tone of voice. Attempt to get your way through volume and rage. Make it perfectly clear, with no room for doubt, what you expect and how little you think of the other person.

"Oh damn, he's going East Coast on that guy. . ."

Works especially well on weak California AT&T technicians.

I have a new pair of soft, fuzzy bunny slippers to pay tribute to teh bunneh and BunnySue. When I first put them on my cats ran then they tiptoed after me. They still run when I approach. I wonder if teh bunneh's slippers had the same effect on his cats ?

I can't believe that in the last few days, Foxbatmite has racked up 20 reps in a row. That's a record.

Some other characters may have gotten more total reps, but not an uninterrupted streak like that. I mean, some of my characters accumulate rep literally years after being posted.

I'm not complaining!

I'm thrilled so many people like it. If I may blow my own horn I do think it's a good write up and that I've done something creative with a character concept that could have been a simple exercise in over the top toonlike parody. But I had no idea when I posted it that it would be THIS popular.

And perversely, I hope someone reps me for something else soon to break the streak, because I'd like to hope I can TOP it someday with something else and that is growing vanishingly unlikely.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks it's funny that I don't even have the most current version of Foxbat

Internet and Interpersonal Discussion as seen by me.

• If you disagree with me and I like you; you are misinformed.
  • If you disagree with me and I dislike you; you are a liar, or perhaps, a tool.
  • If you agree with me and I like you; you are well reasoned and intelligent.
  • If you agree with me and I dislike you; I feel the need to reevaluate my core principals or you got lucky...

:)

When I speak in my normal style, people decide that I am angry, irritated, stuck up, arrogant, or a know-it-all. When I try to mitigate my speaking style, people decide that I am weak willed and that I can be pushed around and walked all over. Experience and experimentation demonstrates that there is no middle ground.

What ever happened to listening?

Doc

Today's weather - no kidding:

"anything between light showers and 2 feet of snow"

really?

Do you know how much schooling it takes to come up with "Anywhere between light showers and a completely apocalyptic white out that has not been seen since the last Ice Age"?

Like 7 YEARS!

and 48 cereal box tops.

... TODAY! WEATHER HAPPENS! SEE THE DETAILS AFTER SPORTS!