A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

So as I am in front of Buckingham Palace yesterday setting off on the Great Egg Hunt, there is a lot going on. Changing of the Guard, methinks. No, too many soldiers in the bearskins and greatcoats. And they have the band out. The cops are not letting anyone cross over in front of the last gate before you get to the road to get into Green Park. They are also out in force on horses as well as foot. And then the motorcade comes up and in comes the limo and who is inside ?

Yup, The Queen and the Duke of Edinbrough. The crowd waved and they waved back. Day made.

Let my ignorance and my failings

Remain far behind me

Like tracks made in a wet season

At the end of which I have vanished

So that those who track me for their own twisted ends

May be rewarded only

With ignorance and failings.

But let me leave my cry stretched out behind me

Like a road on which I have followed You;

And sustain me for my time in the desert

On what is essential

To me.

Lucius Alexander

Let Lucius bless with the palindromedary, which is a beast without a tail, but Lo! Who hears its cries, and feeds it in the desert?

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." -- Rick Warren

I don't always agree with you, Rick, but well said.

When reviewers assembled their “best of the year” lists at the beginning of 1947, American films had a pretty poor showing.

NY Times film critic Bosley Crowther wrote that Hollywood had “run dry of ideas.”

Source

nice to know that things stay the same...

THe book is not ALWAYS better than the film based on it...case in point:

With the smashing financial and critical success of The Man Who Knew Too Much to his credit, Alfred Hitchcock was in a position to negotiate for control over his next production. The 39 Steps, based on the famous John Buchan novel of 1915, was freely adapted and changed by Hitchcock until very little of the original plot remained. Writer Buchan, who doubled as the British Governor General of Canada, was, at first, naturally upset that his book was used only as a foundation but later, after viewing the film, admitted that it was actually much better than his version.

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/films/The-39-Steps_1935/

For the first time since moving to Israel I have updated and sent out my resume.

In reviewing my own professional history I began to feel like my brain was being skewed six degrees off planet earth.

Its... colorful. And has some high points.

But I'm not sure colorful, or having one's brain wrung out like a a dishrag, is what recruiters are going for.

For the first time since moving to Israel I have updated and sent out my resume.

In reviewing my own professional history I began to feel like my brain was being skewed six degrees off planet earth.

Its... colorful. And has some high points.

But I'm not sure colorful, or having one's brain wrung out like a a dishrag, is what recruiters are going for.

They should be!

Rock the Vote! :rockon:

Please come by and cast your votes in the Formula Superdraft finale. There are a lot of great ideas being formed there. Even if you weren't directly involved, everyone is invited to cast votes.

As always, the draft itself is open to everyone to participate, and another will start in March.

Thanks!

Chemical-X-powerpuff-girls-movie-9885363-427-320.jpg