• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enforcer84

• death tribble

• Cancer

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: A Thread for Random Musings   Sorry to inject this in the middle of the stand up!   I "walked the walk" today, and it was tough! I got together with an old buddy; he and I were homeless t

Re: A Thread for Random Musings   My latest musing:   Dan and Ben should impose a rotating random NGD ban.   Nothing permanent, nor predictable. Someone rolls a handful of d6 and consults a b

Re: A Thread for Random Musings   Ooh yeah, I Just wanna watch the girls, goin' by... It's like poetry in motion against a hot summer sky. I'm in love, yeah yeah... at least every minute

Posted Images

One of the "delights" of being a faculty member in a college physics department is that from time to time you get massive emails, complete with a half-dozen dropbox links, with subject lines like 

RESONANCE/GEL SCIENCE THEORY/MIND READING (UPDATED 11/2020; NOT SPAM) THE THEORY PHYSICS/ASTRONOMY HAS BEEN WAITING FOR: NEW BLACK HOLE THEORY, THEORY OF EVERYTHING, NEW ATOMIC MODEL, **GRAND UNIFICATION COMPLETED**, CREATION OF SOLAR SYSTEM, ALS/MIND ...

Yes, in all caps.  Mmmm-hmmm.

EDIT: Mind you, this one was so important it was sent out to 115 or so addresses, and I suspect there were another couple of dozen other copies with which he carpet-bombed the email universe.  Not copy-pasting any of them here, but a couple of non-personal-looking addresses in the .gov.ae domain; the Cambodian Embassy in Canada; the physics department advisor at U of Florida; looks like a bunch of folks at Warwick U in the UK, each of whom were so important they were on the "To:" list twice; and then what looks to be the top of a mass alphabetical list which only got into user addresses starting with "B".  Nice to know everyone gets this gem.

9 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Does anyone remember how to do spoilers on these boards? I thought I knew, but it didn't work when I tried.

It's different with the new software. You have to highlight what you want to Spoiler, then click the icon that looks like an eye in the function bar above the text window.

On 11/21/2020 at 11:14 PM, Cancer said:
  Hide contents

moo 

Reveal hidden contents

moo 2

Reveal hidden contents

moo 3

Reveal hidden contents

moo 4

Reveal hidden contents

moo 5

Reveal hidden contents