A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

The bus was really, really loud this AM. In fact it was just odd, is what it was. The woman from work I usually see on there was not there. And some other woman was there talking to the bus driver rather loudly. Well, you'd think that would be rude, but not really, you see, they were trying to talk over the VERY loud conversation in the back.

My bus ride is short, this leg is like just under 10 minutes (the prior leg being only 5!). So it took me a while to even really notice how the conversation in the back was, as noted, loud, but not just that but also that I started to realize it was one of the two people conversing who was really loud. I turned to look, mainly out of curiosity even though I knew it would be an apparent "WTF are you doing?" look, then noted in fact there was a very good reason the person was so loud. He was crazy, he was talking to someone who wasn't there, so that requires of course extra vocal projection (particularly btw if the person you are trying to communicate with is in another dimension).

So it was a loud bus ride. I'm just glad it was short.

Guest Worldmaker

One of my favorite movie lines has always been "My mother was a rather atrocious woman, but among her many failings is not included raising mentally deficient sons."

Guest Worldmaker

You know, I really wish those critics of Michael Moore's films who scream "Its not a documentary its propaganda" at the top of their lungs would remember that "documentary" is in no way, shape, or form exclusive of "propaganda", and vice versa.

Have now finished getting the lyrics to one song in the Answers and Questions Thread as answers.

Another achievement inspired by the Magic card business. I have over 2,600 Champions character sheets with art on them either from comics, from art here or done for me. And names for around 2,600 of them.

I am at last a glorious beacon of light!

So, I spread my illuminations upon the shadows of ignorance and the dark inky spots of knownothingness. My lava lamp like wisdom blobs and goos so the strung out masses may ooo and ahhh at my incandescent sageness that will guide them, wisp like, to new havens of utopian thought.

I feel like I've just gone up a rank in some kind of cult :eg:

Just sent out a couple more resume' pings. One to an unknown company and the other where I can say my career got seriously derailed.

I sent an email to a friendly VP just to check the waters. It could be interesting work which is the only reason I applied. Of course, I suspect I'm blacklisted there so this might just be an excercise.

Jenn also dropped off a resume' yesterday. Wish her luck. Though I'm still hoping the other place calls her back. She had a good interview and was jazzed about the job. Not one I'd want, but she wanted it and the interviewer hadn't called back last week and didn't return Jenn's call. :(

And while we're brain dumping: I've got a black eye (more of a light brown) from the cat incident. I never got a black eye during Kenpo, but one psycho cat...

The cat seems fine now.

The store opening that I was being a rep for House of Dreams at went well, pulled in a little extra money for the shelter which is always welcome.

Entered a bet with a bunch of folks from work to see who can lose the most weight in three months. Everyone's weighed in and it ranges from 198 to 396. Fourteen people are in it. Weight loss will be calculated by percentage.

The bet? Everyone's in for a hunnerd. Second place gets their money back. First place gets the rest but has to take everyone out for lunch.

In all honesty I don't really care if I win or not. I'm hoping it'll be incentive enough to lose some serious poundage, though. That means diet sodas, a helluva lot less beer, no junk food (ack!), and regular exercise.

So far I'm good with the diet sodas.

Entered a bet with a bunch of folks from work to see who can lose the most weight in three months. Everyone's weighed in and it ranges from 198 to 396. Fourteen people are in it. Weight loss will be calculated by percentage.

The bet? Everyone's in for a hunnerd. Second place gets their money back. First place gets the rest but has to take everyone out for lunch.

In all honesty I don't really care if I win or not. I'm hoping it'll be incentive enough to lose some serious poundage, though. That means diet sodas, a helluva lot less beer, no junk food (ack!), and regular exercise.

So far I'm good with the diet sodas.

Good luck. A hundred bucks is a good deal for a program that works. I commend you. :cheers::thumbup:

1. I will not respond on the Random Musings thread.

2. I will not respond on the Random Musings thread

(Looks around to see if Zornwil is watching)

100. I will not respond on the Random Musings thread.

OK, can I go now? :idjit: