Champions Villain (Volume) 4: Organizations; What Do You Expect Out Of This?

steriaca

Then how about going really old-school.  SAT, anyone?

My world actually uses variants of both PRIMUS and SAT

STARS: My version of SAT answers to the DOD, combines elements of GI Joe as well (Special Tactical Assault Readiness Squadron)

STRIPES: Is my form of PRIMUS answering to the DOJ, combining elements of the 80's Checkmatee and SHIELD (Special Target Reconnaissance, Investigation, Policing, Espionage Squadrons)

I adapted SAT to being the Soviet Union (and later, Russian Federation) counterpart to PRIMUS, using write-ups from various published 4E super-agencies. Their agents and equipment being less varied, and generally less sophisticated and powerful, than the most recent 5E incarnation of UNTIL, seems appropriate for where Russia is today. I declared SAT to be an acronym for one of those arcanely-convoluted Russian agency names, like Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti (KGB). Fortunately my players never asked what it stood for, 'cause I had no clue. :whistle:

There was a reason SAT came to my mind so quickly when I made that post.  Using only memories of their original writeup from the very first editions of Champions, I had recently repurposed them as UNTIL Section 13 for the TASK FORCE story "Jungles of Guamanga".  They were the in-universe explanation for why UNTIL would hire supervillains to try and assassinate Menton.

Sure.

In the Champions Universe timeline, Menton's writeup in CV1 (page 118) mentions a secret UNTIL mission to prevent him from becoming President of Guamanga.  The definitive version of what UNTIL exactly did in the CU is in News of the World, starting in page 101.  Short version (which I followed in "Jungles of Guamanga" except for changing a villain or two in my version), UNTIL worked through back-channels and contracted with TWO teams of supervillains for the takedown -- a decoy team and the real team of shooters.

I needed an organization within UNTIL which was willing to hire supervillains Suicide Squad style to do this in-story.  From what I remembered thirty years previously, SAT was an almost-perfect fit for the type of agency which wouldn't be too concerned about morals or ethics to get this type of job done.  So, I reinvented them as a non-canonical UNTIL Section 13, doing the jobs the rest of UNTIL is unwilling (or unable by treaty obligations) to do.  I even borrowed Major Barrington as their leader...

Hopefully, this makes things a little less confusing.

Thank you. :)

I did know the details of the Guamanga operation. I just didn't see that incident necessitating the creation of a dedicated "dirty tricks" unit within UNTIL, since their personnel didn't actually conduct the op. But you should definitely use whatever works for your game's purposes.

Hear are some orginzation ideas which are free for everyone to brainstorm about.

Name: The Skulls

Leader/Founder: The Skull

Agents: Boneheads

Goles: To make a fortune by selling his services to the underworld and villains who need henchmen.

Name: The Sharks

Leader/Founder: The Pod (Great White, Hammerhead, and Tigershark).

Agents: The Sharks

Goles: Get rich by high sea pirate and illegal sinking and salvaging of ships.

Name: Galaxi-crime

Leader/Founder: Unknown

Agents: Galaxi-criminals.

Goles: A galaxy wide criminal empire, they only want wealth.

I hoping for ARGENT. All LL's work for us not overlooked I'd like to see the membership of the group laid out for us.

I doubt that CLOWN will be included as it not actually overly popular with the powers that be, although it would be so cool to see.

I don't see Terror Inc. being in the book. The book will be Hero Games material and TI is actually Heroic Publishing's material. Not that permission couldn't be given as they allowed me to use it in may Villainy Codex books.

I don't see Terror Inc. being in the book. The book will be Hero Games material and TI is actually Heroic Publishing's material. Not that permission couldn't be given as they allowed me to use it in may Villainy Codex books.

If TI would be in the book, Tiger, it would only be as a small group of former agents who are bairly a group, hopefully trying to survive on the ex-group's reputation. Not as a full on threat, unlike your excellent rethinking of the group.

Not as a full on threat, unlike your excellent rethinking of the group.

Thanks you kindly

Still they would need to seek permission, which wouldn't be difficult if they wanted to. I just figure with all the material they have at their disposal I don't think they would use them. overlooking Demon, Viper, UNTIL, and PRIMUS, there is ARGENT, IAH, PSI, WITCH, perhaps a updated use for SAT. Then of course they might give us new organizations to play with as well.

Thanks you kindly

Still they would need to seek permission, which wouldn't be difficult if they wanted to. I just figure with all the material they have at their disposal I don't think they would use them. overlooking Demon, Viper, UNTIL, and PRIMUS, there is ARGENT, IAH, PSI, WITCH, perhaps a updated use for SAT. Then of course they might give us new organizations to play with as well.

UNTIL, PRIMUS, and SAT are heroic orginzations, so you'll never going to see them fleshed out in the upcoming book. Besides, PRIMUS was already written up in a 5th edition PRIMUS book.

Why are you bringing them up? Have they turned heal in your universe?

Besides, PRIMUS was already written up in a 5th edition PRIMUS book.

Nope. Last PRIMUS source book was from 1998, for 4E, and for the previous incarnation of the official CU. (It's a very fine book in its own right, though, and still available in the Hero website store for a ridiculously low price.)

This thread has already listed various official organizations mentioned in the setting source books but not yet detailed. And to repeat, CV 4 was announced as including new organizations. I don't think there's any harm in mentioning here what we'd like to be included in the book, as long as we keep in mind that: it's a villains organization book; it was stated it will only deal briefly with existing groups already detailed elsewhere; it probably only covers organizations, not groups defined in other books as "teams"; and it will probably include new groups we haven't heard of yet.

Nope. Last PRIMUS source book was from 1998, for 4E, and for the previous incarnation of the official CU. (It's a very fine book in its own right, though, and still available in the Hero website store for a ridiculously low price.)

Sorry. I ment to say UNTIL, not PRIMUS. As for SAT, unfortunately the only know stats were in Super Agents.

And last I checked, PRIMUS and UNTIL were preventing people from robbing banks, not robbing banks themselves.

Sorry. I ment to say UNTIL, not PRIMUS. As for SAT, unfortunately the only know stats were in Super Agents.

I apologize if it seems like I'm nitpicking you to death; the points I'm raising are just for completeness. -_-

SAT first appeared in Kevin Dinapoli's original Deathstroke adventure module, for IIRC Second Edition Champions. All you got was the stats for the basic armored combat agent, which was the basis for their write-up in Super Agents.

However, in Hero System Almanac II SAT evolved. After the US government disbanded it in favor of PRIMUS, SAT's commander Brad Barrington retooled his personnel and equipment into a private security company, World Security Services. HSA II updated the agents to Fourth Edition and expanded their game-statted weaponry..

However, in Hero System Almanac II SAT evolved. After the US government disbanded it in favor of PRIMUS, SAT's commander Brad Barrington retooled his personnel and equipment into a private security company, World Security Services. HSA II updated the agents to Fourth Edition and expanded their game-statted weaponry..

I have always used them as the group in charge of Stronghold and transporting criminals to and from there. They are also the group that investigates all escapes, as well as being on the look out for individuals trying to help inmates breakout or trying to break a individual out.