What's in the Champions book?

It has a few sample characters (The Champions and some foes). A helpful part of the book is chapter 5, as it has sample templates with power sets and complications for a variety of super-types such as brick, blaster, metamorph, etc. It talks about superhero campaigning in general and gives guidelines for playing in the different comic book "ages", i.e. golden, silver, etc.

Here si the table of contents if that helps at all:

Chapter One: Truth, Justice, and the American Way: The Superhero Genre

Chapter Two: With Great Power: Superhero Character Generation

Chapter Three: Comes Great Responsibility: Gamemastering Champions

Chapter Four: The Champions

Chapter Five: The Champions Sourcebook

It contains the "Superhero Gallery" which is by itself perhaps one of the most useful supplementary documents for Champions I've ever used. The superhero Gallery is a set of plug-and-play templates for 400-point Superheroes. Besides that, Champions is also a great genre book, discussing any number of useful genre elements.

I'm gladni bought the book and wished i got it years ago. Aaron Allston explains different ages of comic books/Champions. Talks about their tropes. Then he discusses how to change the game to fit YOUR vision. He also talks about some common dangers of making a game exactly like a comic book, certain tropes are tricky to do in a game, players being who they are. He also talks about how to use and when to break point caps also he talks about effectiveness levels. Its a great book.

When I mean your own game, I'm mean I'm using it to build a Bronze age feel with silvernage points and desiged like Golden Age heros.

It contains the "Superhero Gallery" which is by itself perhaps one of the most useful supplementary documents for Champions I've ever used. The superhero Gallery is a set of plug-and-play templates for 400-point Superheroes. Besides that, Champions is also a great genre book, discussing any number of useful genre elements.

The gallery sounds like a lot of fun, but 400-point characters are too high for me.

What's in Dark Champions: TAS?