I challenge you!

Asperion

• 3 months later...

Really depends on what you want, and what era you prefer.  Spike Jones (Sr) is before my time, and what he did was brilliantly creative, madcap and phrenetic for its period.  Nowadays it's kinda draggy.  Lehrer has been going a long long time now, and his was a more intellectual, biting satire sort of humor style, where lyrics were just about all of it.  In terms of raw creativity and real innovation, the two are in the same league.  But ... Lehrer almost certainly has got more staying power; today, a moderately skilled teenager with a synthesizer can't touch Lehrer's lyrical creativity, but he can produce just about everything Jones invented, and do it in a way that works better for today's far more jaded, far less patient,  brain-dead hyperstimulation-addicted listeners.

Next up: Noisemakers.  25,000 drunken soccer fans with vuvuzelas versus 1500 not exactly sober bikers at a weekend Harley-Davidson festival.

Lysergic.  In darts.  From a sniper rifle high above street level.  Picking off the smug young Amazonians and so on walking between grossly overpriced coffee shops and nowhere-near-as-good-as-they-should-be-for-the-price eateries in the trendy Paul Allen spawned mass of metastasized 21st Century tech office buildings in South Lake Union.  Maybe we can open a few eyes to just what kind of banal little tools they are for a handful of narcisstic billionaires, and restore psychedelia as a significant creative force.  Or failing that, get some smug SUV-driving entitled soccer moms so f***ed up they pay attention to the rules of the road for once.  Maybe get it into the bottled water too.  Or maybe work it into those polycarbonate water bottles they all have with a slow time release so they really don't notice an anomaly when their computer mouse starts humping their stainless steel travel coffee mugs while singing something by the Stone Temple Pilots just off-key enough to be annoying.

Ahem.

Next challenge: True gratification 

Satisfying revenge versus A good night's sleep 

Mike Rutherford is distinctive and understated.

5 hours ago, Cancer said:

Lysergic.  In darts.  From a sniper rifle high above street level.  Picking off the smug young Amazonians and so on walking between grossly overpriced coffee shops and nowhere-near-as-good-as-they-should-be-for-the-price eateries in the trendy Paul Allen spawned mass of metastasized 21st Century tech office buildings in South Lake Union.  Maybe we can open a few eyes to just what kind of banal little tools they are for a handful of narcisstic billionaires, and restore psychedelia as a significant creative force.  Or failing that, get some smug SUV-driving entitled soccer moms so f***ed up they pay attention to the rules of the road for once.  Maybe get it into the bottled water too.  Or maybe work it into those polycarbonate water bottles they all have with a slow time release so they really don't notice an anomaly when their computer mouse starts humping their stainless steel travel coffee mugs while singing something by the Stone Temple Pilots just off-key enough to be annoying.

I feel as though you have given this quite a bit of thought.

Noisemakers, The Prequel:

Didgeridoo vs. Bagpipes

Far be it from me to poke my nose into a family disturbance.  Perfectly willing to flirt with the cute female cousins on both sidelines, though.

First day of class instructor impressions: Pinchfaced humorless terrorist-with-a-red-pen Mrs Grundy, or Not actually of this Earth and expects the same of you Dr. Hohlraumsstrahlung.

9 minutes ago, Cancer said:

First day of class instructor impressions: Pinchfaced humorless terrorist-with-a-red-pen Mrs Grundy, or Not actually of this Earth and expects the same of you Dr. Hohlraumsstrahlung.

I had the first in high school and the second in college. Both of them helped make me a better teacher.

More Entertaining to Follow on Twitter:

President Trump vs. Foxbat

(sing) * Ooooooooooooklahoma, Where the hicks are thicker than the flies ....

Reasons for the FBI to close National Solar Observatory at Sunspot NM and not say why:

Russian spies steal secret detector tech   versus   Astronomers locate and get clean image of Cthulhu