I challenge you!

Asperion

• 2 weeks later...

:think:  Not sure I've heard of that situation before except in times of disaster when public utilities have been knocked out over extended areas.  That latter implies a broader, more severe scale of badness than just the cold bum.

I think you always choose home, unless conditions there are unliveable (e.g., a tree has been blown down and broke through your roof resulting in multiple important rooms of the house being completely exposed to the elements that are being VERY nasty at the moment; a significant fire in the house would also do this).  If what you've got is "just" a heating system failure, in the short term you can fold towels to build thermal insulation between one's tookus and the frosty seat, and take care when sitting down and standing up to keep those from being dunked in the toilet water.  Just thinking about my own living situation, the nearest public restroom that has 24-hour access is quite a long way off (most of them are behind doors that get locked up sometime in the evening); the homes of friends and relatives are MUCH closer (and we have, in fact, mooched off of relatives when our power was knocked out for several days by falling branches induced by a snowstorm).

Least popular dish at Thanksgiving:  Brussels sprouts versus Lima beans

Ummmm ... Garbonzos are a proper subset of chickpeas, so I can't draw a distinction there.

(and there's a lotta hate out there for Lima beans if you step into the wrong places)

Saddest sight:

Pizza delivery truck on Thanksgiving, or all the bars and package stores closed on Election Day

There is nothing sad about pizza delivery.  Pizza delivery is like delivering boxes of hot steaming joy.  Even if I were alone eating pizza on Thanksgiving, I'd be like "this pizza has exactly what I want on it, and I don't have to share it or wear clothes to eat it".

Thanksgiving Strikes A Fourth Time:

Yams vs. Cranberry Sauce

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

Definitely the Beast. Much scarier. 

Freezing toilet seat at home vs. 

Warm toilet seat in public bathroom

Always go for the home seat, you know where it has been.  (in fact knowing the people I went to high school with, the seat is warm because the last guy peed all over it, intentionally)

5 hours ago, Old Man said:

There is nothing sad about pizza delivery.  Pizza delivery is like delivering boxes of hot steaming joy.  Even if I were alone eating pizza on Thanksgiving, I'd be like "this pizza has exactly what I want on it, and I don't have to share it or wear clothes to eat it".

Thanksgiving Strikes A Fourth Time:

Yams vs. Cranberry Sauce

Don't care for either, but I'll go with Cranberry sauce, because friggin Yams.

You've got to the bathroom 2:

Oft-used port-a-potty vs the woods

the woods.  Don't think I will have an easy bringing myself to use either.

Thanks to watching Leprechaun and Leprechaun 2 tonight

The setting that the producers of the Leprechaun movies should have used:   The Leprechaun migrates to 1849 San Francisco.

Would have been awesome vs not

Burned out your sense of smell by freebasing burning Ewok corpses, eh?

People keep falcons, but it really isn't as pets; I don't know a lot about falconry, but I don't recall reading anything that calls the falcons affectionate or bonded or anything.  There are mammals that are nothing but berserk killing machines (shrews) but people have succeeded in reaching a kind of affectionate pet-type cohabitant understanding with just about every terrestrial mammal they've tried.  (Whales are ... more difficult for fundamental lifestyle reasons.)  Presumably that is true for leopards, though I personally would not want to try it.  I am aware that it can be pretty easily done with lions, if you have knowledge of what you need to do, can afford it, and have suitable quarters for both you and the lions; lions are remarkably social cats.

Assignments most evil:

Group library research presentations  versus  laboratory writeups with deeply, irreparably flawed data

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

Group library research presentations  versus  laboratory writeups with deeply, irreparably flawed data

Must be Tuesday again.

To Boldly Go....

FTL Shuttlecraft to explore the Solar System vs. Full Life Support submarine to explore the oceans