I challenge you!

Asperion

You don't like pemmican? Oh, wait, wrong kind of Indian. My bad.

Indian food isn't really my thing, but there's a place not far from us that's pretty good. So I'll take that.

Eat All You Can:

Chinese Buffet vs. American Homestyle Buffet

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

Eat All You Can:

Chinese Buffet vs. American Homestyle Buffet

Possibly because the Chinese buffets here tend to be more common, and have a broader variety available than the homestyle buffets, I'll go for the Chinese.  There's one about a twenty minute walk from my house.

Obscure alternative states: the cool-temperature allotrope of tin (tin pest) versus boring black phosphorus 

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

Possibly because the Chinese buffets here tend to be more common, and have a broader variety available than the homestyle buffets, I'll go for the Chinese.  There's one about a twenty minute walk from my house.

Obscure alternative states: the cool-temperature allotrope of tin (tin pest) versus boring black phosphorus 

black phosphorus may be flaky, but at least it's not a pest.

Much ado about a little chemistry: Making a mountain out of a mole, vs tin pest in a teapot.

Lucius Alexander

Making a tagline out of a palindromedary

Otyugh.  This monster is practically an animated pile of offal which makes a neo-otyugh a new pile of animated offal, which is an oxymoron.  Besides which, did we really need a next generation version of this monster?

Back to the giant worms:

asteroid worm from Empire Strikes Back vs. the sandworms from Dune

I think Voyager 6's pimping into V'jer way outdoes either of those, though Shai-Hulud gets points for making prescience drugs when it croaks.

I should wait 4 months and do this for Mother's Day:

Carrie's mom  vs  Sybil's mom  vs  Norman Bates's mom

12 hours ago, Cancer said:

Carrie's mom  vs  Sybil's mom  vs  Norman Bates's mom

Stacy's Mom, of course.

12 hours ago, Blue said:

Have you brought up the sandworms from Beetlejuice yet?  Well, let's see what they can do against the Worms of Dune!

Worms of Dune, for the part they play in an episode of one of my favorite TV shows, Chuck.

Music of the Universe:

Rush's "Tom Sawyer" vs. Vangelis' "Alpha"

Alpha, though I admit another viable candidate is Synergy's "Phobos and Deimos Go To Mars"  FWIW, the original vinyl album with that cut was ... transparent.

Hmm.  Maybe I should concoct a YouTube playlist for my Astrobiology course.  Man, would that bore the living snot out of them.  Or give them a definite case of :nonp:.

Next challenge: Na2He at 300 gigpascals versus metallic hydrogen at 500 gigpascals.

Do female minotaurs have udders?  Do female centaurs have both fore and aft mammary apparatuses?  That way lies madness. 

OTOH, Chiron the centaur is one of the truly great and admirable entities in Greek mythology, while the original Minotaur was nothing but a tragic anthropophagic monster.

Therefore, centaurs.

Tragic monstrosities: N rays  or  Polywater

Keep 'em in a pit and grease the top of the channel so they won't come out, and rot grubs become a very convenient waste disposal tool.  OTOH, stirges are what we'll have as soon as Twitter develops a tactile interface.

Extreme tech annoyances:

Twitter with a tactile interface  vs.  Always-on pompous faculty streaming video