I challenge you!

Asperion

For looks, hummingbirds win.  But far more than blue jays, hummingbirds are dicks.  If they weren't the smallest birds on the planet, they'd be terror-inducing.  And yes, you can find pictures of hummingbirds that killed each other (corpses impaled on each others' bills), so yeah, they can be just insanely violent.  Woodpeckers convey the impression of not being very bright (they do slam their heads into trees all day) but I don't see what I can interpret as orneriness in the behavior I've witnessed.

And actually, barring the agricultural damage they do, crows are actually pretty cool.  Admittedly we leave them stuff (old cat food, chip crumbs, etc.), but the ones around us recognize us and are pretty tolerant.  I haven't seen what I can call clear unambiguous affection, but I don't mind them at all.  Blue jays are just dumber than crows: they come to a source of food, spend half a minute yelling loudly and boasting of their discovery, by which time something else has come in and dispossessed them.  They really are the dumb blondes of the corvids.  (Most of the really stupid posts on Twitter can be thought of as coming from blue jays in human form.)

But the most obnoxious are robins.  Those idiots start calling loudly about 4AM here (and it's still full dark then, even here) and keep going until well past sunrise.  

Robins vs Pigeons

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Love is, indeed, a many-splendoured thing. 'Love for Sale' never ends well; it's likely to end with you and your best friend sitting together in jail saying, "She didn't look like a cop...."

Three-Way Rock Goddess Showdown:

Pat Benatar vs. Joan Jett vs. Lita Ford

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure which is more flammable.  I like Chicken Marsala on occasion, so we'll go with that.

Sickest holiday tradition:

Felling perfectly good trees and propping their dying bodies up in our living rooms, then festooning them with garish decorations,

or

Using material gifts to express (or even replace) actual goodwill toward the people we care about

On 12/24/2019 at 2:11 PM, death tribble said:

Night of the Living Dead 1968 vs Night of the Living Dead 1990

I know it's not always true that the original is better than the remake, but it's true often enough that I'll go that way this time.

Festive Holiday Beverage Throwdown:

Hot cocoa vs. Egg nog

With remakes you are working with a known property whilst with sequels you could be on he road to the law of diminishing returns. But a sequel that has not been done purely for the sake of doing a sequel is really worthwhile cf the Harry Potter films and Aliens as the sequel to Alien

Originals vs Remakes throwdown 3

Midway (1976) vs Midway (2019)

1 minute ago, Cancer said:

Null concepts: Honor among thieves  vs  Integrity in politicians 

I'd go for the latter, if I had any confidence that either existed. Null concepts, as you said.

More taxing:

Waiting an hour for my son to eat vs. Waiting an hour for him to go to the bathroom