On Acquitaine / Tuala Morn

Cantriped

So Acquitaine and Tuala Morn have been on my wishlist for some time.

I'm in the market for a setting that I can use as is, or else use as research material for how to present campaign settings of my own creation. Can anyone who owns either or both of these supplements sell me on how awesome they are for these purposes?

What to people who own either or both of these supplements think of them?

I think that Tuala Morn is Steve Long's best setting. It is obvious that he poured his heart into it. If you are looking for a world based on traditional Irish myth, Tuala Morn is pretty usable as is. I would say that there is a lot of history and walls of text to wade through, but once done, you will have a pretty consistent game world to romp around in. If you are looking for something with a more contemporary, cosmopolitan take on fantasy, then look elsewhere. It really is that simple. I think, if you are looking for a prototype on how to build an internally consistent world, Tuala Morn will fill the bill nicely. In either case, research is what you will be doing at first. Steve was pretty comprehensive in his presentation.

That reminds me that I still have to pick up Acquitaine. As I understand it, they are the same world. Silly me.

Thank you very much! I think I'm just about sold on them. I'm not so worried about having another Kitchen Sink Fantasy Setting, for that I can easily use Ambrethel (via The Turakian Age) or Golarion (via the Inner Sea World Guide for Pathfinder). What is most important to me at the moment is having examples of well written settings I can use to establish a standard to judge my own work against. A setting its author has poured their heart into sounds like a perfect match!

PS:  If you happen to be reading this; I'm also keeping an eye on your work for much the same reason Christopher Taylor.