Justice system issues in Superhero games

DasBroot

I'm now imagining Alibi sitting in the front row of a criminal mastermind's trial, right behind and to the right of him, and then shapeshifting into the defendant just as his high priced and theatrical comic book / law show procedural defense lawyer asks the prosecution's key witness to point to the man they saw that night.

I'm now imagining Alibi sitting in the front row of a criminal mastermind's trial, right behind and to the right of him, and then shapeshifting into the defendant just as his high priced and theatrical comic book / law show procedural defense lawyer asks the prosecution's key witness to point to the man they saw that night.

I filed a motion once to have my client sit in the gallery (where the "audience" sits behind the bar) when the witness was going to take the stand.  Had a lot of people of similar ethnicity sit near him.  The prosecutor got around it in other ways, but the witness was not able to identify my client.

I am aware of no case of "rape by deception."  

Not in the sense you mean, but there have been some attempts to claim that someone misrepresented how rich, powerful, or successful they were.  I only slept with him because he said he was a record producer, your honor, that's practically rape!

The only likely "rape by deception" I could see having much chance of succeeding would be a deliberate impersonation of an established partner.

In the real world, pretty unlikely, but if the lights were off that would help. On the other hand, stock in trade for that bastard Mister Flexible.

The actual charge would probably just be Rape, though.