College Football 2017-2018

Wake Forest and Texas A&M played a game today the likes of which I don't recall listening to before. Between the two teams they made 62 first downs and more than 1200 yards of total offense. Wake ended up winning 55-52, and while it was a lot of fun to listen to (and one of the reasons my phone just died from running out of charge), it did make me wonder what had happened to the defenses.

The game was called the Belk Bowl. Who the heck is Belk?

2 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Wake Forest and Texas A&M played a game today the likes of which I don't recall listening to before. Between the two teams they made 62 first downs and more than 1200 yards of total offense. Wake ended up winning 55-52, and while it was a lot of fun to listen to (and one of the reasons my phone just died from running out of charge), it did make me wonder what had happened to the defenses.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belk

4 hours ago, novi said:

Big Ten is up to 7-0. :)

So, how about that 2nd quarter of the Orange Bowl?  Has Wisconsin re-earned the right to be the Badgers? :)

Well, they at least put up a fight this time against Ohio St., so I gave them that right back then more or less.:bounce:

(they don't have to win, but they have to go down fighting with the leg of their opponents being chewed on, as befitting the badger moniker :yes: )

Well, it appears that Ohio State was actually a pretty good team that just had a couple of bad losses.

It also appears that Wisconsin was a really good team who just happened to have and one bad game against a really good opponent.

Overall, I'd say Ohio State and Wisconsin are both better teams than anyone thought a couple of weeks ago.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:24 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

A&M went to a bowl and a Big 12 game broke out.

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

I don't think - after this long a layoff - that an extra week matters.  However, Alabama had several key injuries in November and supposedly all those guys are back now.

The other thing about the long layoff is that it gives good coaches a chance to do some serious game-planning. Good coaches can plan for almost anything during bowl season.

And as much as I might personally dislike him or his program, I can't say that Nick Satan isn't a good coach.

1 hour ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Georgia showed a lot of heart in the Rose Bowl. Heart won't be enough to beat Alabama.

Which is a depressing prospect when you think about it.

So if Alabama wins, by the transitive property the UCF Golden Knights(the team that beat the team that beat Alabama) are the true national champions.  Go Orlando! :P