What non Marvel/DC Superheroic setting would you like to see

phoenix240

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Silver Age Superman, Dr. Manhattan, Silver Surfer and Goku can have writeups, so can Saitama. :winkgrin:

Oh yeah, I don't doubt it could be done. The approach would be interesting to see. There are a couple of options that I can think of. The setting might actually be fairly straight forward if unusual compared to many supers settings. 

Sadly, Busiek responded saying he's not interested at this time. I think he's missing a great opportunity, but I understand not wanting to let other people mess with your baby.

Yeah, given that it hasn't been done before now, I would've assumed he wasn't crazy about the idea. Bummer. Part of what makes Astro City work is that it's about so much more than just punching/blasting each other; there are supers fights, sure, but they're generally secondary to the character interactions and "what it's like to live in a city that has regular super-battles." That would take a deft hand to pull off and (I hate to say it) Champions might not be the best system for it. But if you could make it work, it could be a very different type of RPG experience than your usual supers game.

Has anyone mentioned Xombie yet? The issues I've seen of that are strange and wonderful. I could only hope a Hero adaptation would be likewise.

EDIT: There seems to be more than one IP called "Xombie" out there. I mean the comic book with Nun of the Above and Catholic Girl as supporting characters. I think I need to dig out the old issues and see what company published it and who wrote and drew.

Dean Shomshak