Jump to content
Tech priest support

What sources do you base your sf universes on?

Recommended Posts

Ah-!

 

Thanks, Scott!  

 

I remember when I had a memory... :lol:

 

"Other Suns;" Yes, I believe you are correct.  For the record: totally _not_ a furry.  Not at all.  Well, other than actually _being_ furry, mind you.  But the idea of genetic manipulation to suit an environment was interesting enough to stick with me, and when someone wanted to be the damned-near inevitable "cat person," it was really the best justification for my sanity.  "Look; these aliens look like terrestrial tigers!  How amazing!" just never sat well with me.  To be honest, the thing I remember second-most about that game was how it read (never did play it; we had the Champions system ;) ) like a more-fleshed-out version of Expendables (which was like Paranoia with the humor gone: "How long will it take the GM to kill you" was the driving design concept, I think. :lol:

 

I really do wish Talsorian had managed to snag the rights to the Starrigger setting!  Sourcebooks! :D  At least, if it used the system from the very first Cyberpunk, or something sooner.  None of that Fusion nonsense.  (You know, Fusion wasn't bad.  I just still suffer PTSD from that period when we all thought New Millennium was the direction Champions was going in.)

 

I'll have to check that Imgur thing out.  Though that may not ever actually happen.  I have the hangedest time navigating over there.

 

But thank you so much for all this information. :)

 

Duke

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Ah-!

 

Thanks Scott

 

Glad to be of help. 

 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

To be honest, the thing I remember second-most about that game was how it read (never did play it; we had the Champions system ;) ) like a more-fleshed-out version of Expendables (which was like Paranoia with the humor gone: "How long will it take the GM to kill you" was the driving design concept, I think. :lol:

 

Shapero was one of the early adopters of the 3 D&D books, and ran a long running campaign in Los Angeles that was notorious for the clever ways he would use traps and spells to a hive TPK results. He was truly Gygaxian, in that the game was a battle of wits between the players and him. He was the epitome of the Adversarial DM. It’s no surprise that Other Suns reflected that style of play. 

 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

I really do wish Talsorian had managed to snag the rights to the Starrigger setting!  Sourcebooks! :D  At least, if it used the system from the very first Cyberpunk, or something sooner.  None of that Fusion nonsense.  (You know, Fusion wasn't bad.  I just still suffer PTSD from that period when we all thought New Millennium was the direction Champions was going in.)

 

It it was discussed in the time frame, of all of us sitting around Pondsmith’s dinner table while working on one of the CP2020 sourcebooks. It was long before Fuzion. 

 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

I'll have to check that Imgur thing out.  Though that may not ever actually happen.  I have the hangedest time navigating over there.

 

I will see what I can find, and drop a link tomorrow. 

 

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

But thank you so much for all this information. :)

 

Duke

 

More than welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×