Mulitform and Complications

mrinku

Little confused by how you're expected to do Multiform in 6e, specifically in regards to the Complications for the alternates.

CC p81: "[Multiforms] are built on the same Total CP (including Matching Complications) as the true form (or fewer CP, if desired)."

My situation is a character whose designated true form is a normal super, but who wants a puny alternate (the Incredible Hulk scenario).

The campaign points rules are 350 with 150 Complications and I want a 50 point "puny Banner".

Does that mean I should use 25 points of complications for the alternate, per the guidelines on p9? (I realise the GM can set things otherwise, but in this case I AM the GM, and I'm fine with those numbers for 50 point characters).

Or is it really trying to say I need the same amount of Complications as the true form?

You answered your own question:

(I realise the GM can set things otherwise, but in this case I AM the GM, and I'm fine with those numbers for 50 point characters).

Edit to add:  By the rules, Multiform (and the other "n/5" things like Follower and Vehicle) don't care how many points worth of Complications the target build has.  So, your thought is the correct one.

Based on the point totals (350/150) it sounds like you are playing in a 5e game.

Nope. 6e. I actually skipped 5e altogether.

But I'm coming from a 3e/4e past and don't really see much need to change the old standards. I've bumped up the starting points to 200 to roughly account for losing figured characteristics after doing a bunch of 4e -> 6e conversions to get a feel for the differences.

75pts really doesn't allow for enough plot hooks and weaknesses IMHO and is a sop to more recent systems that throw in a light frosting of character flaws. Superheroic needs Mighty Complications to go with the Mighty Powers, in my view.

Players can always choose to take less and start with less points if they want anyway.

Thanks for the affirmation, Chris. I'm mainly checking in case a player decides to do it as well.