Multiple Attack: Mixing Mental Powers with HTH and/or Ranged Attacks

Surrealone

Question

Per 6e2 p73:

MULTIPLE ATTACK

This Maneuver allows a character to make more than one attack in a Phase, either at a single target or at multiple targets, in either HTH Combat, Ranged Combat, or a mixture of the two.

Also, per 6e1 p129:

Range

HERO System Powers are defined as having one of four Ranges: Self; No Range; Standard Range (10m x Base Points); and Line Of Sight (LOS).

I read the latter quoted RAW to mean that Mental Powers whose ranges are defined as 'LOS' ... are ranged (since they are not HTH and their ranges are not 'No Range') ... and therefore fall under the 'Ranged Combat' portion of the definition of the former quoted RAW.  i.e. I read the above to mean that one can mix Mental Powers as part of a Multiple Attack since Mental Powers are, by definition, a subset of Ranged Combat -- regardless of the fact that Mental Powers typically operate using OMCV/DMCV instead of OCV/DCV.  (I also take this to mean that the -2 OCV penalty associated with each attack after the first in the Multiple Attack sequence ... would apply to both OCV and OMCV in the mixture ... and that both DCV and DMCV would be halved.)

Notwithstanding GM fiat/house rules to the contrary, is the above a correct read/interpretation on the aforementioned subject matter?  If not, would you kindly clarify?

1 answer to this question