VIPER: Who's Your Dragon?

steriaca

To be honest, none of the current Dragon Branch particularly grab me. They're all quite serviceable, but none are compelling to me. I actually prefer several of the more numerous villains from the 4E VIPER source book. The 5E version emphasizes agents and downplays supervillains a little too far for my taste.

Armstrong is pretty amazing, but even in his VIPER X 5th Version I consider him above the typical Dragonbranch guy as he just screams "Foe you can respect and team leader"

Ripper is usually the guy that has most of my players going "Whatever VIPER is doing, it's got to be big." He's their answer to Grond, and as subtle as nuclear powered tank. Then again, I don't throw VIPERIA at them often so it may make him stand out.

Boa Constrictor is probably the most fun to play for personality. A more intelligent and powerful Bulldozer type

To be honest, none of the current Dragon Branch particularly grab me. They're all quite serviceable, but none are compelling to me. I actually prefer several of the more numerous villains from the 4E VIPER source book. The 5E version emphasizes agents and downplays supervillains a little too far for my taste.

I have to agree.  Viper Force One and Two are both dangerous teams with very different flavours.

VF1 is your big guns, overwhelming force team

VF2 is less powerful, but has more members and better team tactics.  They beat you by setting you up to take a haymaker while entangled types!

Laser! I also like using Laser as a hired goon.

If you mean Lazer (which is how Champions books spell his name), I'm pretty sure he was never a VIPER staff supervillain. He's still official, though (CV3), and for hire by just about any villain or group, including VIPER for whom he's worked in the past.

Viperia....easily. 

Viperia.

I respect anyone's personal preference, and don't call you wrong for favoring Viperia. For my part, I feel a disconnect between her power set and her origin that bothers me. Like the 4E version of Viperia she has the classic Supergirl/ Kryptonian array of powers, but for me that doesn't jibe well with her mythic/magical origin as the daughter of Nama. It's a flavor thing, and I recognize it's my issue which others may not share.