VIPER: Who's Your Dragon?

steriaca

21 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Ok - give her Charm and Striking Appearence. Because deadly is attractive! She is undulating when she walks.

Yep. She might just be our version of Marvel's Madam Hydra/Viper. Both characters are 'deformed' (Viper is scared, and Adder has snake trates which can be hidden in an otherwise human looking person).

Ok. Next up is Bloodstar.

Now, I need to find out what a Bloodstar is.

There is no real world Bloodstar, so from the name, I say it is an iron ball mace with five spikes on it and a chain attached to a right bracer. The mace is an Hand-To-Hand Attack, prehaps with penatrating and/or armor piercing. I can see a slot with autofire. Another slot, a no range physical Energy Blast with an area of effect (Radius) and a hole in the middle which is useless without the chain (streching).

He has been describe as a straight, non-conplicated villain. While his powers might be complicated, he uses them in a direct way. If the chain breaks, he can fetch the head and still use the Bloodstar (except for the Energy Blast).

7 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Bloodstar also sounds like a minor brick perhaps? And how about a Mace martial art? And maybe Deflection also with his Bloodstar? Also instead of AP giving the Bloodstar Pen cause it always causes blood?

Minor brick? Defently. Mace martial arts? Probably not, cause his focus is on smashing things with the Bloodstar (as I interpreted it, an iron ball on a chain attached to his right wrist/upper right forearm). Deflection? Again, a bit to advance for someone who is basically tactically "smash this". But he might of learned how anyways.

Ok. Next up Boa Constrictor. Done for me. Boruto. Done for me. Brute.

Brute? Brick. Not the strongest VIPER can put out (that would be Ripper, or Megacrusher under the right situations). He is not exactly the dumbest brick VIPER has. He is not the smartest brick VIPER has (Black Mamba is the smartest, science wise). But a nice 40 STR, Brick Tricks martial arts, either a high defence, small Damage Reduction, combat luck, and your good.

Copperhead. All I know of him is "powered armor".

Ok. Snake theme power armor. Should he have a tail? Prehaps. Flight is so sterotypical, so let us not go that way. Running, leaping and swimming as movement powers. Offensively, tail strikes are a given, if we give him one. As "copperhead", we could give him a copper colored energy beam from his helmet. Same with micro-missles doing various things (sticky goop entangle, straight out in out RKA, ect). I don't think he should have any major tech skills (just enough to maintain the armor in the field).

Delusion. He has a suit with various light lenses designed to create holograms. His bread and butter, Illusions. He is limited to things he has seen (and scanned), no stuff from his imagination unless he had tons of time programing it. "Shape Changing" to put a hologram over himself. Invisible to, well, put a hologram over himself. Images? Ok. That works. And unlike Copperhead, he was the science skills for his equipment.

3 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Copperhead could have clinging to scale buildings. And a nice suite of audio and visual electronics.

And back to Bloodstar, he could have martial art maneuvers to show that he can smash well. It doesn’t have to be a true martial art.

True to both.

Ok. Diamondback. Done for me. Draconos. Done for me.

Epoch. So much can be done with time manipulation. He could "Fast Forward" time (Teleport, among other feats), "Slow Down" time (+OCV/+DCV, among other feats), "Rewind" time (Replay), but should not stop time (he's no Jostar).

He could fix objects by rewinding time around them. Cure people doing the same thing. Deflection and Reflection (rewind misses back to whoever sent them). There are a lot Epoch can do.

1 minute ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Steriaca if you are using 5 man teams of VIPER from 4th, I can see Copperhead as having gear similar to them but superior on stats. Plus I see him as having team work and tactics.

5 man teams are no longer a part of VIPER, as of 5th edition. I already have my "super agent" Crimson as a one man five team (kinda a Captain America for VIPER).

29 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Sterica are you keeping with a particular edition of VIPER, or are you mixing and matching?

Im keeping 5th/6th edition VIPER, and expanding upon it. My rejection of Copperhead as a super agent is because I have ideas of my own super agent (Crimson). If you want Copperhead to be your super agent instead of a power armor guy, be my guest, and remember IYG.

1 hour ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I remember seeing a villain in Enemies for Hire which was a scientist for VIPER and developed a power armor suit in the shape of a dragon - named Cold Drake. He could be your true Dragon. ;)

Cold Drake? I'll add him to the past edition Villians, protental future dragons list.

Freon. Done for me. Gauntlet. Done for me (CVV3, a hierling dragon). Halfjack. Done for me. Hayaijaze. Done for me? (Champions Worldwide?)

That leaves Hiss. All we know is that he is VIPER'S pet mentalist.

Someone once surgest that he is able to manipulate man's lizard brain, the primitive nature of man. That is all well and good, but exactly what does that mean?

Humm...mind control, only to trigger anger, rage, fear, Berserk/Enrage. Beyond that...I don't know. Does he need more? 

1 hour ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I would say fear based mental powers. Man seems to have a natural fear of snakes. 

An natural option. I wonder if he is a Dr. Blank creation, or something else. If he was created by Dr. Blank, the idea of seeing how his mutation serum would work on a already gifted mentalist would be to great. Or what would happen if it is mixed with PSI's serum.

14 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I like your description of Copperhead so I’m going to write up one for my game. The trick is to give him some punch and staying power but not overwhelming.

My advice, put all his weapon systems into his helmet. That way, you can make him "powerful", but give him a weakness (OAF).

I'm gonna ditch the tail idea for Copperhead. I'm going to use it for original Dragon known as Rattler (as the tail is a perfect platform for a sonic cannon).

Don't forget, Copperhead is a water snake (Swimming, and Life Support: No Need To Breathe).

Just read the Wikipedia entery about the snake Copperhead. Did you know they spray a cucumber smelling musk. If his helmet has a chemical type attack, then it might smell like cucumbers also (flash, nnd?).