Red Alert!

BoloOfEarth

Hey Bolo of Earth,

I actually played in a friend's Champions campaign where he took characters from various HERO system source material and set it in 2001 Champions Russia.  I first played The Bishop, and then Ivan (after the Bishop's sad demise).  I loved the campaign, but had a falling out with the GM (over a storyline I detested) and a couple players (personality and play style clashes).  I did a short campaign in tribute to the campaign back in 2013, but haven't done much with it since then.

I did think about trying to write down his campaign into a campaign/adventure book (much like those written by the late Michael Satran) called "Russian Winter."  I would change the RL timeline, set it in the Champions world, and set the game 25 years after the Soviet Union fell.

Let me know if you would be up for working on it- as well as perhaps fleshing out the Russian Defenders.  Red Winter, The Bishop, and Spektr would all play a role.

• 3 weeks later...

I have yet to see a Russian speedster character--and like archers, one third of all superteams have them, and the other two thirds suck.  Call him Kometa, aka The Comet,  and say his powers come from tachyon bombardment due to experiments to create a faster-than-light spaceship engine.  He wears a special suit that protects him from the heat generated from air friction and transforms that heat into electrical energy that powers exoskeletal muscle assists, granting him limited super-strength.

Hope that helps.

On 4/4/2018 at 7:27 PM, brianr1974 said:

I created a character a few years ago for the classic marvel rpg. His name was Cyberia, he was a cybernetic enhanced former KGB agent. He had a few heightened senses (infrared vision, etc.), could interface with computers, and had augmented strength and durability (cybernetic limbs). Plus his skills in hand to hand and weapons training were good. You are more than welcome to use the name and general concept. And also there was a Russian super hero movie called the Guardians last year. Trailer should be on youtube. It had a pretty awesome team.

I agree on the Guardians team.  Unfortunately the movie had a $5 million budget instead of the $50 million it needed for decent-looking special effects and needed more character development for the heroes.