Pariah

Worst Superhero (and/or Supervillain) Costumes

Anyway, for me, I think most of you know I hate most super costumes.  I come because I like most other aspects of the genre.

Note: But, if I were a super, I'd come in T-shirt, blue jeans, and a ninja mask.  :angel:

There were some truly awful costumes in the past.  Flipping through the Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe or Who's Who in DC was almost revolting at times.

Kitty Pryde trotted out some terrible looking costumes over time, but I thought that was one of the more authentic things they did with her, being a 13 year old girl. designing her own stuff.

39 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

There were some truly awful costumes in the past.  Flipping through the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe or Who's Who in DC was almost revolting at times.

I have the Official Handbooks and Who's Who. The costumes can be ridiculous.

Currently some of Shadow Lass's outfits which look like bikinis are stupid. And she is a favourite character of mine.

Any version of "street-level" characters (Batman, Robin, Daredevil, etc.) that puts armor pieces on their costumes.

I'll also nominate Daredevil's original yellow costume, and bare-legged Galactus.

This is my least favorite costume, belonging to the Nova villainess Tailhook--

latest?cb=20081112034729

Tailhook - Tailhook was a leather-masked vigilante who murdered college men at Yale University. It was later revealed the men had raped Tailhook's sister, a naval officer. Tailhook's real name was Marissa and she was the college roommate of Rich Rider's girlfriend, Laura Dunham. Tailhook decided to jump to her death instead of being taken to jail by Nova.

She only lasted one issue--and with good reason.

And I offer a dishonorable mention for the Daredevil villain Matador--

latest?cb=20121209214644

'Nuff Said.

Captain Invincible's only flaw as far as the costume goes is those eagle claws, and his helmet.

Great songs though.  I found a copy of the movie in a Blockbuster in the 1990s.  Loved Christopher Lee's song with the name of every drink.