Hey Toadmaster! or any other gun nuts :)

gewing

did you see the December 2003 issue of "Handloader"?? THere is an article on the british .577 "manstopper" pistols. I have always liked the idea of them for a pulp era character.

a 5 shot revolver firing a 450 grain (just over one ounce) bullet .61 Inches in diameter at 750 feet per second. Almost exactly 2 times as powerful as the .45 ACP. :)

OK, I am a happy Gun Geek today. :)

No, I'll have to take a look for it, do you have a more exact title for the magazine? I skim the gun magazines occasionally but so many focus on the M1911 clone of the week that I don't regularly buy any of them. But an article on British .577 revolvers would definately be interesting. I think the last gun magazine I bought was last year it had an article on the .475 and .500 Linebaugh revolvers. A .577 should fit that role nicely for the pulp era. I used to buy alot of gun magazines but I've found the internet to be almost as good for getting stats and much its much cheeper.

Thanks for the tip, I will be looking for the article on my way home tommorrow.

BTW thanks for starting a gun thread, I was starting to get the DTs, its been awhile since the HERO boards have a good gun thread. :)

It is technically "Rifle's HANDLOADER" Hastings has it, so do some of the local grocery stores here. :)

It also has an article on the .223 WSSM and the .375 H&H :)

I need to borrow my dad's magazines that he subscribes to, I skimmed the "what's new for 2004" articles at the news stand, but it was very late.

The new .204 ruger will use a .222 magnum round necked down to .20 and shooting about a 32 gr bullet at 4200fps! talk about a cutie.

I like the sound of the new .25 WSSM, though no ballistic info yet. Olympic arms is bringing out a modified AR-15 action for these cartridges, should be interesting.

there is more information on the new military/Reemington 6.8mm Special purpose rifle cartridge. 115 grain .277 bullet at 2650 from a 16.5 inch carbine, Remington is claiming 2800, hopefully that is from a 20 inch barrelled AR.

No, I'm not a gun nut. :):):):)

I will probably pm you later, I have lost your conversion notes, and want to work with them a little. :)