Concept to Full Art from Storn Year 14

death tribble

Welcome to the Fourteenth year that I have done this.

The basic idea is this:- If you come up with an idea that I like and that Storn likes, I pay for it and Storn does it.
Simple no ?

I am saving up to get the artwork done and last years so don't expect anything quick. This is an annual thing and I am a stickler for this sort of thing.

Also even if the idea does not win, someone else may commission it as has happened before or Storn and I may decide to do another one from the thread which lead to Haven Walkur's Saggitarius and Bob Greenwade's Speedbump being done. Or someone else commissioning it from Storn as has happened previously.

To reiterate there are rules,  as long time posters will be aware of.

I will commission a new piece of art from Storn in mid 2018 and we have until then to come up with ideas for him to do. I have revised the rules from the past few years. Some are the same but they are worth repeating.

First off people are allowed to contribute ideas BUT there is a snag.
As I am the one paying for it, I have to approve it. And Storn has to be willing to draw it. Part of the idea is to challenge the artist with something he hasn't done before or not done in a while.

So some ground restrictions and rules.

(1) The picture has to be for Champions. It is what I play and it is in this forum that the thread is posted.

(2) Non American and non British patriots are welcome. But note, the 2008 and 2010 winners were patriots (Africa and South America). So it will be harder to convince me of a patriot as I have had a British Bulldog and a Britannia done. I also have over 50 American patriotic or quasi patriotic heroes from pics or that Etherio put up previously. And try naming them all. Sheesh !
If you have a good idea for a non-British or non-American patriot, please post the idea.

It has proven to be easier to get a non-US patriot done as this has a great deal of novelty value for not just Storn and I but everyone else as well.

(3) Storn does not like portraying standard gun users. If the idea sound convincing I may go for it but bear in mind Storn might not be convinced that he should do it.

(4) Beast motifs. This is a maybe. I had the Lioness pic done six years ago. And have an awful load of these already. Also had a the Brick figure, a Hippo done last year and two year's ago the winner was a Zebra Man. Storn also has expressed an exasperation with Catgirls being requested.

(5) No blatent Cheesecake. And anyone asking what this is risks a violent tribillating. This is a family forum area. Women ideas are fine. Villainous women in bikinis are not. And no hero fights crime in a bikini. Not even Batman.

(6) No kid heroes/villains. I like the over 18 crowd and proper heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman etc. Anyone even suggesting something akin to the Power R*****S will be summarily subjected to a dousing with crude oil. And this year again we set you alight as well. And then dance around you invoking Mightybec.

(7) It must be something that I would want to use and something that would interest me. If not then no go.

(8) Storn has certain restrictions of his own both because he will be putting the final product on his web site and has his own likes and dislikes. With this we will heed the former and indulge the latter. No Intellectual Property for example so no pics of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America.

(9) Idea can be of an agent, a normal superhero/villain or a boss/mastermind. Note in recent history Storn did the criminal Mastermind Dr Dark for me; an Agent type with a jetpack and the board selected Beautiful Female Martial Artist all for me.

(10) If you want Superman, Batman or Green Lantern analogues there has to be some thing about them visually to make Storn and I want to portray it and pay for it. Remember if you don't post an idea, then it can't get done. Enforcer84 indpendently did get a Batman analogue done from Storn three different times.

(11) Anyone who has had their idea done previously can apply again. There is no prejudice or bias either for or against you.

(12) Wierd ideas. I have commissioned a trenchcoat wearing Purple Worm, Dr Snail who has a metal shell with a howitzer on the top, the gangster Pterra Don (part Dinosaur part gangster) and Bulette Train (part Japanese Bullet train and part Bulette). Try and outwierd me. I dare you.

I'll post my own ideas as well plus ones from previous years that I am still willing to consider and may yet independently commission. So post your idea, if I like it then we'll proceed.
You may just have a name and we can bash ideas around about it until we get a full picture.

Of course if you don't like this approach you could always ask Storn yourself.

If you posted ideas in the Create a Hero/Villain thread, try putting that in here as well. I certainly will be.

This is from past threads

From the Create Hero and Villain threads I am thinking of

Eager Beaver a giant man sized beaver  from Tartarus's Ten.

Diabolicus from the Supervillain Army a giant (10 foot) demon red in colour, broad of shoulder and with horns. Something akin to Tim Curry in Legend.

Visgoth. A figure in red armour.

The Colonel from The Rogues Battalion

"Halloween getting you down with all those wretched kids beaming happily saying 'Trick or Treat !' ? Sick and tired of the adults having fun instead of being frightened half to death and more ? Are you dismayed that the witches orgies on this most profane of the old pagan calander's are now just a damp squib ?
"worry no more for we have the solution for you ! Dial 1-800-ZOMBIES and a zombie horde is yours for the asking ! Available as a single Zombie or a horde of flesh eating, unkillable walking monstrosities ! Put the bite back into Halloween and make the children and adults remember what it is like to beg for their miserable existence at the hands of an implacable foe ! We regret we cannot take American Express or Diners Club cards. Also available on 1-800-DDGHOUL"

A duplicator who can turn himself into a zombie is a rare and awful being. He does not get on well with most of his colleagues. The Dinosaur is too cute, the Cat has shown mercy, Molock sold out and the ghost does not eat people.

1-800-ZOMBIES is a duplicator who creates a a zombie horde from himself and is one of mine. Nice to know it is remembered.

Bald Eagle. A bird shape villain with the distinctive head of the Bald Eagle.

Just to get started, I'll violate number 6.

Stepchild is brick, but he looks like a normal 10 year old child, although a very mischievous one. Red headed, of course. His powers are demonic in nature. I am imagining something like him standing next to a wall where his shadow can reveal his demonic nature.

Here is my list up for consideration.

Adder: A fem fatal who is a member of VIPER's Dragon Branch. She is a light serpent woman (most of her deformities are disguise able or hide able) who usually wears a green skintight bodysuit with a golden yellow VIPER symbol on the chest, knives on her belt, boots, and gloves, a green wig, and green sunglasses to hide her serpent-like eyes. Think Madam Hydra/Viper from Marvel Comics, and The Baroness from G.I.Joe, but with added 'snake' in her thanks to Dr. Blank and VIPER.

Copperhead: Another VIPER Dragon Branch member who was name only. He wears a green and yellow suit of power armor, with an oversize copper color helmet. There is a red gem on the forehead (the lens of the helmet's laser system), a bank of mini-missiles on each side of the helmet, a copper tube from the mouth area (sprays a cucumber smelling musk strong enough to water eyes of those who come close). Copperhead might be a powered armor suit, but he lacks most power suit's rocket movement systems. Instead, his armor enhances his running, leaping, and swimming skills, while his gloves alows him to cling and  climb buildings.

Road Hog: A subject of my yet undone "Rookies" project, Road Hog is a fat mutant villainous speedster wearing red and green outfit and a pig-like mask. He is not the fastest speedsters on the planet. Instead, he can generate a wall of force around him while running, making him rather hard to pass him.

Winterblade: Winterblade is another subject of my yet undone "Rookies" project. He is a villain in a blue winter jacket, wielding a device much like a sword with the blade made entirely out of ice. Meant to be Champions version of Captain Cold, but using a hi-tech sword as oppose to a gun.

to continue my Glam Rock Theme this year.

here's a character I whipped up for the song games - Knuckle Sandwich Nancy

Brawler - beyond human strength and toughness but not really qualifying as a brick. Nan's a street fighter with some regenerative healing, epic toughness and a lot of attitude.

She dresses in a glam/Punk homage to yer 40's heroines, domino mask, sculpted hair black hair with purple streaks, leather jacket, choker, sunglasses she wears purple and black

I am very annoyed. A chance to get a Storn picture of a character is too good to pass up. But off hand I don't have a good one to ask for. I might have to dig up my description of the agonist of the lethal ladies of the Nothere enemies book supervillainess edition. In the meantime I might as well go with an unimpressive one. Scaredy Cat is one of my go to charecters, but my version of the costume is unimpressive.

Scaredy Cat: Superstrong and  superhumanily agile  he gets around with his massive leaps. He can create a field of darkness, and has mind control instill fear. He also has fake claws to climb walls. Oddly enough his costume is a black one piece with a half face mask that suggests a cat.

Hack Master was once a relatively normal gamer (MMORPGs as well as online and face-to-face RPGs, mainly as a GM)  who one day ran a play-by-post RPG where he unknowing used an actual magical incantation (that he had found on the internet) during the game.  This resulted in him being able to actually become his online game characters (WoW, Champions Online, City of Heroes, etc.) for a short time.    I always envisioned him as an overweight couch-potato gamer in a homemade Tron-style outfit, with a custom forearm-mounted computer which he uses to select his next game avatar to become.

I'm figuring it might be an artistic challenge to show the guy behind the avatar, while also showing him being transformed into one of his game characters (the example I had was a lava-covered brick non-creatively named Lava.Man).

OK, I recently ran a vampire elder against my heroes.  The coolness wasn't that she was a vampire and looked liked what is stereotypically an immortal beautiful vampire elder.  Its just when she got into combat mode, she'd rip herself in half and out came a giant cobra springing out at the heroes.  She basically had a human skin suit.  Its horror-ific but hopefully not too gory for this entry.

I sometimes go too far in making silly villains for my heroes to fight.  One idea I squashed for having drinking too much diet coke and staying up too late is the anthropomorphic cybernetic unicorn boxer.  Needless to say, I went to bed without finishing it, but hey, you said you appreciate weird.

The background: The players are in a pit fight contest.  This character is a unicorn from back in the ages of old and ageless and could transform into a human.  It lived to the modern times disguised as a human but was involved in a drunken accident.  The local ER doctor and a bit of a mad scientist saved her and grafted in bionic parts thinking she was human.  He figured she'd appreciate having limbs back.  The unicorn when she awoke was startled and tried to revert back to unicorn but partially failed and is now stuck as a human/unicorn hybrid.  She was angry at being violated but could not kill the mad scientist as his motives were pure and he was a virgin.  This drove her a bit mad and she began fighting as a mercenary and pit fights to relieve some of the frustration.  I picture her smoking a cigar, swilling hard liquor, and talking like wolverine.

• 11 months later...

Torre de vigilancia, a hero of Puerto Rico brought out of retirement. We're talking old, approaching his seventies. In the past, some have called him Watchtower, and as his power includes the ability to grow to fifty feet tall, it fits, but he's bitter about..current events. He's not heading towards villainous territory, not by any means, but he's now answering only to the Spanish name, and has altered his costume (Perhaps a badge /patch that resembles the flag of Puerto Rico over his heart?) in hopes to inspire. the costume still has elements of a torch or beacon as he was inspired by the legend of La Rogativa.   Despite his age, the Latino superhero is a 'tough piece of gristle' to use the phrase. I imagine a bitter, surly, sort of expression, bordering on 'get off my lawn'  and yet terrible sadness.

On December 9, 2017 at 11:56 AM, death tribble said:

anyone asking what this is risks a violent tribillating.

That's it, right there.

That's my submission.

I want to see Storn's interpretation of a violent tribillating.

Heck, I just want to see video of a violent tribillating.

So yeah:

I vote for The Tribillator!