How does damage negation vs. an explosion

LoneWolf

Question

How does damage negation work vs an attack with the advantage explosion?  For example I have a character with -3DC of damage negation.  The villain throws a 10d6 Blast with the advantage explosion at a character 6m away from my character that does not have damage negation and hits.  The rules for damage negation state that you roll the dice for the character with the most damage negation which would be my character, but the rules for explosion state that you remove the highest dice first.  How is this handled?

Obviously the character in the center of the explosion will take 10d6, while my character will take 8d6 (adjusting for the explosion advantage).  How are the dice rolled?  If the 8d6 is rolled vs my character first then the subsequent dice may not be the highest.  If the 10d6 is rolled first which dice do I take off for my character?

1 answer to this question

I could swear I’ve written about this somewhere before, but I’ve looked in all the possible places and I can’t find it. So I’ll answer now, but subject to revision if and when I find my previous answer.

Roll the full dice for the Explosion as normal. When you count down, remove dice as usual for an Explosion. When you get to the character with Damage Negation, for him the GM should shut his eyes and randomly remove the appropriate number of dice based on the amount of Negation bought and the type of attack.