Star Wars 8 complaint box

massey

Heroic sacrifice has cost the Resistance too much.  Finn's death would only have saved the base for a limited time - I'm sure that the Walkers and bombers (to say nothing of orbital bombardment) could have eventually brought the mountain down on top of them if they couldn't get through the front door (an inherent problem with invulnerable front doors but vulnerable walls.)  

Basically if everyone kept killing themselves for the Resistance there would be no more Resistance... which is pretty much how it played out:   They needed to regroup and learn to fight smarter instead of harder.  It was a pretty major point and the closest thing Zombie Dameron got to an arc.

Fun comic though.

True, but If he really wanted to make a difference he should have rammed the Command Walker and killed Hux and Ren instead.

Or they should really consider installing ejection seats in their vehicles so he could eject  at the last minute and wipe the cannon out and maybe live (until a Walker stepped on him out of spite.  Really, any of the board Walker gunners could have blown them apart after they crashed).

Well, as a former First Order soldier he might have deduced that like all movie villains the one in the middle is always the leader. :)

Was there any guarantee the Walkers wouldn't shoot him down since he was moving in a straight line towards a very obvious target? Or that he wouldn't have melted from the pre-charge (like the doors themselves started to)?

It was not a  well thought out plan (of course).  I'm glad Rose saved him from it.

I sort of look at this new trilogy with the same wistful disappointment that I feel for the Iron Fist show. So much potential, and so many resources wasted on the wrong story. Both have some good characters, but they can't overcome the fact that they are stuck in a story very few fans expected (or wanted...or liked).

So, from what I can gather.

Am I the only one that gets the feeling  Ep 7-9 is merely showing us a small part of a true war waging between  Imperial and New Republic factions.  On a frontier of the galaxy, where the most dimwitted generals and officers were sent, just to be rid of them?  (ignoring the original characters I suppose, though even they seemed to be performing a dribble crossover of the idiot ball)

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

The captain of the dreadnaught in the beginning seemed very competent.  He immediately deduced what was going to happen and lamented the idiocy of Hux.

I am not even sure it was idiocy. Hux plan seems to have been to "let them escape one jump to track them" all along. I asume the window in wich they can make a following jump is pretty short.

Deploying your fighters when you are planning on making a quick hyperdrive jump on short notice would have been dumb.

Got dragged to see it Friday by my cousin and his kids (I shall have my revenge later this week). The opening space battle was okay, but the rest of the movie had me facepalming, cringing, and wondering if the scriptwriter was vaping laundry detergent. This festering pile of porg diarrhea is officially on my "drink to forget about it" list.

BTW, Poe was right in that the dreadnought needed to be destroyed or they would've ALL been dead in short order. Both Leia and Vice Admiral Hair Dye were absolute rubbish when it comes to leadership.

21 minutes ago, Old Man said:

That film is clearly banking on the franchise name. It’s a Star Wars film that takes place during Han’s early years, but I don’t know what it’s about or what the dramatic question is. Worse, I sort of already know how it ends, having already seen Episodes IV-VIII. 

We had the same issue with Rogue one. Yet I still found it really enjoyable.