Star Wars 8 complaint box

massey

3 hours ago, Christopher said:

If you think 1 kiss makes them "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" you have very wierd conceptions of how humans interact.

It is as if you wanted to convince me that you are to childish to evne talk to, with words like these.

I've sometimes thought that Star Wars should just own it and go full Jerry Springer.  Brother-sister-best friend threesome?  Super cringy cougar-barely-legal secret affair?  I hid my baby daddy's twins from him for their own good!  Rey and Kylo is awfully tame by comparison.

19 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Brother-sister-best friend threesome?

It was a Kiss. That does not make sex or a relationship. What are you, 5?

Super cringy cougar-barely-legal secret affair?

According to wierd Al "he was 9 and she was 13". That is 4 years difference. And they never saw each other again until both were of legal age.

The French President Macron has a decade more difference to his wive.

I hid my baby daddy's twins from him for their own good!

Considering the dad was a child murderer as far back as slaughtering Sandpeople Children?

Yeah, not a bad idea.

On 12/02/2018 at 7:41 PM, Christopher said:

I am not seeing the issues:

Then you need to watch some of the Star Wars memes on Youtube. Apparantly there is only one Star Wars film that the fans like:- Star Wars.

The rest are all hated for one reason or another. Which does surprise me. However I am a peripheral fan. It is not life and death to me.

7 hours ago, Christopher said:

If you think 1 kiss makes them "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" you have very wierd conceptions of how humans interact.

It is as if you wanted to convince me that you are to childish to evne talk to, with words like these.

Well, we had an interesting argument going, disappointing you had to bring insults into it. 

Course, I don't know much what happened between ANH and ESB,  but a love triangle seemed quite what they were going with, until they pulled the brother/sister twist. 

And I am really just saying, it would be nice to know how Luke got from point A to point C.  No matter how I look at it, it makes Luke to be a naïve simpleton who thought after turning Vader it was impossible for one to ever turn the darkside again, and then someone was tempted.......and it somehow broke him.  Fine, they can do what they want.  And I still say seeing that descent could make for a decent storyline.   But, saying "he is only human" really is taking the easiest route, storytelling wise.  You can turn any character into anything with no explanation with that argument.   

Edit: I freely admit, from where I come from, a lingering kiss on your sister's mouth is kind of weird.  

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Well, we had an interesting argument going, disappointing you had to bring insults into it. 

It is disapointing you had to bring sentences like this into it:

15 hours ago, Badger said:

Maybe, that whole Leia was his sister thing freaked his head when he had time to think about it after all.  Or maybe he was bitter about it causing the loss of his girlfriend, and he secretly resented Han and Kylo over it.  (makes as much sense as anything)

What reaction did you expect from such a sentence?

Course, I don't know much what happened between ANH and ESB,  but a love triangle seemed quite what they were going with, until they pulled the brother/sister twist. 

What twist?

Leia felt somewhat emotionally attracted to Luke.

She kissed him in part to figure out if it was brotherly/friendzone attachment or "i want to bone him" attraction. Turned out the later. And it got a rise out of Han (who had been teasing her for years now). By the end of ESB she had fully comitted to Han Solo, down to a last moment love confession and vow "we will find him!"

That she felt that way because they were siblings? Now that only made more sense.

That she figured it out they were related? Possibly a after-effect of that kiss and confirmation of how she was attached to him.

And I am really just saying, it would be nice to know how Luke got from point A to point C.

While I agree that "how we got from there to here" is very lacking in Disneys Trillogy (apparently you are expected to buy background material) I did not have any particular issues filling in the gaps.

If anything, Luke finally understood why Ben and Yoda had insisted on "Vader can not be redeemed". They had literally failed to train him away from it.

Kylo did not suddenly start worshipping Vader after he turned Darkside. That was a thing through his whole training. And if anyone takes interest in what is basically "Star Wars Hitler" (repeated Child Murdered, Mass Murderer), that is a pretty big "Dark Side" flag.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Edit: I freely admit, from where I come from, a lingering kiss on your sister's mouth is kind of weird.  

Innocent mistakes are innocent mistakes.

Only really weak persons would keep mentioning it to get a reaction out of you. And neither Han, Leia, Chewie nor Luke appeared to be such weak persons.

Ahh, well, whatever, maybe I shouldn't try to add in absurdity to help a writer making an odd plot twist.  I wasn't really being particularly serious.  I sometimes forget people might not get that.  You have done a better job explaining the possibilities than the writer's themselves (which is depressingly sad-to think about).  Still brings the frustration of Luke was wrong to save Vader despite being successful.  Albeit, I totally agree, on the meta level.  

For the response to my edit, I am now sad to realize that about 95% of humanity would prove themselves weak.  :think:  

Edit: I have to admit I am not a big fan of plot twists purely for the sake of plot twists.  Which explains why I hated Lost, though that is for another conversation.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

You have done a better job explaining the possibilities than the writer's themselves (which is depressingly sad-to think about).

I think it is sad I needed to explain that to you.

Uncertainty about your Orientation/Attraction towards certain persons is why this song exists:

It is the core of the Series "Everything Sucks!":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everything_Sucks!

Uncertaintly about Orrientation/Attraction is why those Characters resonated so well with you in your youth.

When he tried to talk Rey out of trying to save Kylo, he was pretty much mirroring Obi Wan and Yoda said in EP 5 and 6:

It was as if he was trying to talk himself - rather then Rey - out of doing this.

• 3 weeks later...

hesitate to come back to this after how this went down.

But, a couple places on YouTube had mentioned rumors of bringing in Meryl Streep to play Leia.   I gotta ask is it really that hard to write in a funeral or something?

COurse, not that it matters too much to me, since I am likely done.   But, I thought it might be of interest to some of you

I saw it tonight.  I didn't see Force Awakens (did see Rogue One), never read any of the SW canon stuff, saw the first 4 (that refers to the order in which they were produced, not fiction-universe timeline) movies & walked out of the 5th & skipped the 6th.  I am not a fanboy of any of them after the first three movies.

Seemed to me to be a worthy movie, though the "turn it up to 11-to-the-11th" crescendo of action throughout reminded me too much of Rogue One.  Frankly, I liked Hamill's Luke, if only because I was close to Luke's age when the very first movie came out and I'm close to Luke's purported age now.  In that sense the character development, alienation, and maturation satisfies.

They could end the saga here and I'd be OK with that.  They probably won't, and, well, we'll see what happens.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, Cancer said:

I saw it tonight.  I didn't see Force Awakens (did see Rogue One), never read any of the SW canon stuff, saw the first 4 (that refers to the order in which they were produced, not fiction-universe timeline) movies & walked out of the 5th & skipped the 6th.  I am not a fanboy of any of them after the first three movies.

Seemed to me to be a worthy movie, though the "turn it up to 11-to-the-11th" crescendo of action throughout reminded me too much of Rogue One.  Frankly, I liked Hamill's Luke, if only because I was close to Luke's age when the very first movie came out and I'm close to Luke's purported age now.  In that sense the character development, alienation, and maturation satisfies.

They could end the saga here and I'd be OK with that.  They probably won't, and, well, we'll see what happens.

They are not going to turn off the Money Tap.

If the new trilogy is successful, expect another one.  If it does not live up to the film makers' expectations - hey, didn't those new Han Solo/Lando Calrissian do a good job?  Let's re-make Star Wars with all-new actors, except this time... 

[those of you with sensitive hearts should not open the spoiler...I warned you!]

Leia gets left on Tatooine and grows up a Jedi while Luke is the successor of Alderaanian nobility...then we can make Luke and Han appeal to the LGTB lobby.  Oh, and Chewbacca can be an Ewok so we can sell more stuffed toys.

I DID warn you!

I could see a remake being done.  I could even see it not being awful, if handled properly.

Especially if the transition from Han/Luke/Leia to Rey/Finn/Dameron does not play out well at the box office.

Over in the Trek franchise, Kirk, Spock and McCoy are the Star Trek stars again.  New actors in the roles of Luke, Leia and Han seems far from impossible.

They should never have let anyone after Steve  George Reeves play Superman, after Adam West play Batman, or after Sean Connery play Bond - and don't get me started on re-casting when William Hartnell retired!

THat is an interesting conundrum.  It does seem superhero characters in movies have historically been more "replaceable".  Probably due to in comics the use of multiple universes/alternate reality, and characters changing with the times over decades has all been established.

And even if you don't remake the originals, and just go with movies set between VI and VII, you'll need different actors, obviously.  Mark Hamill isn't exactly equipped to play Luke 3 years after Endor anymore.

• 2 weeks later...