Star Wars 8 complaint box

massey

3 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Whete-as I'm the opposite. She was the one of the few who showed class and dignity in getting the Rebellion safely out of its predicament. 

Blech.  No.  Everything that character did is part of was broken in that movie.  I actually feel sorry for Dern that she got that part.  REALLY disagree with you there.

Addendum: for me Poe is the person who is to blame for the disaster in The Last Jedi. IIRC Leia referred to him as a "flyboy". From what is shown, acts quickly and doesn't think through consequences; he doesn't see the big picture. 

Poe's hasty actions led to the Rebels loosing their bomber squadron. For this he was demoted and was thus not privy to the Resistance leaderships plans for retreat. Furthermore, his own side mission (although in the right spirit) ultimately alerted the First Order to the Resistance's planetside retreat. 

I personally believe that her plan was good, but not great. It was working until the First Order started firing. 

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

Addendum: for me Poe is the person who is to blame for the disaster in The Last Jedi. IIRC Leia referred to him as a "flyboy". From what is shown, acts quickly and doesn't think through consequences; he doesn't see the big picture. 

Poe's hasty actions led to the Rebels loosing their bomber squadron. For this he was demoted and was thus not privy to the Resistance leaderships plans for retreat. Furthermore, his own side mission (although in the right spirit) ultimately alerted the First Order to the Resistance's planetside retreat. 

I personally believe that her plan was good, but not great. It was working until the First Order started firing. 

Oh if you go way back, I mention Poe being an idiot too at times. I still think HOldo was worse but that's me (And many others)

6 hours ago, Bazza said:

I don't know, at first I would I agree with you on Poe.  But, the more I have thought on it.  Once they engaged in battle, it was all or nothing.  Poe took out a ship.  Leia's call for him to retreat would have gained nothing. (with slightly less casualties, and I mean slightly less)

Poe was right, and deserved to be demoted for disobeying orders.  (being right doesn't get you off on the chain of command issue)

Huldo's "apparent" strategy was to fly till no fuel and wait to die.  Not good for morale.  While it is her right to withhold information, and even if the strategy is sound.  Her lack of considering morale issues, proved she was best fit to command droids. 

Note:  And I know you didn't mean it this way, but I have to make a joke out of it.  All military strategy probably should contingent on the possibility the enemy were fire on you. :P

*sigh* I know, I apologize. The Dark Side made me say it. 

3 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

I was supremely disappointed by The Last Jedi. I thought Admiral Gender Studies (Holdo) was a vile character.  The New Order was shows to be clowns, and they just  crapped all over Luke. Kathleen Kennedy ruins it all. Can't watch qany Star Wars any more.

I have no problem watching SW before the Last Jedi   (well I wouldn't to 1,2,7 necessarily to be honest, 1,2 were just boring, and 7 was ruined by 8 

4 hours ago, Hermit said:

Oh if you go way back, I mention Poe being an idiot too at times. I still think HOldo was worse but that's me (And many others)

The more I have thought about it, the more I realize Poe is the greatest military strategist we know of in the galaxy 30 years after.

That pretty damn sad.

The Rebellion survived because the First Order is just as dumb.   Which leads me to the theory that Snoke was a Palpatine clone that didn't grow right. (and they may have borrowed Ivan the terrible DNA from Cobra :rofl:

The SW franchise feels like work at this point.

Which is unfortunate because even the worst of these films had their moments.  Ren and Rey in Snoke's throne room.  "Luke" confronting Ren on Crait.  Finn and Rey's meeting on Jakku.  Ren's obvious conflictedness throughout.  It's just that we have to endure so many plot holes and so much poor characterization to get to these.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

I have no problem watching SW before the Last Jedi   (well I wouldn't to 1,2,7 necessarily to be honest, 1,2 were just boring, and 7 was ruined by 8 

True, I can watch the original trilogy with a good mood. The prequels has a few good scenes, tainted by obnoxious characters. But the last one I enjoyed was Rogue One. 7 was just a rework on “ A New Hope”. And Rey is just a Mary Sue.  

39 minutes ago, Scott Ruggels said:

True, I can watch the original trilogy with a good mood. The prequels has a few good scenes, tainted by obnoxious characters. But the last one I enjoyed was Rogue One. 7 was just a rework on “ A New Hope”. And Rey is just a Mary Sue.  

Actually, I'd love to see Rogue One type movies.  (characters little known or completely new and their adventures in the Rebellion, or Clone Wars).

Don't know if people would come out for it.  (before Last Jedi maybe. as people would come out to see Gigli if you put it in space and slapped Star Wars on the name, but Last Jedi if nothing else did kill the magic of Star Wars-Solo proved that somewhat)

Note: to be honest, Phantom Menace is a big reason, I never watched the Michael Bayformers.  Ep 1 taught me sometimes childhood nostalgia is best not re-booted and left in the past.  

25 minutes ago, Badger said:

Actually, I'd love to see Rogue One type movies.  (characters little known or completely new and their adventures in the Rebellion, or Clone Wars).

The Clone Wars made for a fun show in all its incarnations. 

25 minutes ago, Badger said:

Note: to be honest, Phantom Menace is a big reason, I never watched the Michael Bayformers.  Ep 1 taught me sometimes childhood nostalgia is best not re-booted and left in the past.  

Actually Ttansformers Prime, was a decent CG animated transformers nsuow with a decent story, that grew and grew. Worth a look if interested. 

18 minutes ago, Starlord said:

I would like for them to get completely away from this point in SW altogether, maybe tell some stories from the Old Republic or jump forward really far.  Get away from empire v rebellion crap.

I would like for them to get completely away from SW altogether.  Wrap it up with Ep IX and make way for something new.

Not gonna happen because franchise and IP, but hey.

1 hour ago, Scott Ruggels said:

The Clone Wars made for a fun show in all its incarnations. 

Actually Ttansformers Prime, was a decent CG animated transformers nsuow with a decent story, that grew and grew. Worth a look if interested. 

Yeah, like the Clone Wars cartoon.

But, yeah with Transformers I'm content to go G1-1980s nostalgia.