WYWTS - Villainy Codex III - Send In The Clowns

tiger

39 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Her, if I remember correctly.  (checks Classic Organizations)  Yep, her.

That tells you how much impact she made on me. None. I couldn't even remember her gender.

Her power set is probably set around using marbles as weapons. The obvious one is scattering them around an area, forcing a DEX roll or instant prone. Another, flicking marbles at people (OW! That hurts!). Nuff said.

She had a multipower involving bracelets, necklaces, belts, earrings, and bags of marbles, that included:

• Flash
  • AoE Autofire Blast
  • Blast
  • Running Drain
  • Flight Usable Against Others
  • Change Environment (marble tricks)

Mainly, trick marbles that aren't all that different from, say, grenades or trick arrows or trick bullets.

32 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

She had a multipower involving bracelets, necklaces, belts, earrings, and bags of marbles, that included:

• Flash
  • AoE Autofire Blast
  • Blast
  • Running Drain
  • Flight Usable Against Others
  • Change Environment (marble tricks)

Mainly, trick marbles that aren't all that different from, say, grenades or trick arrows or trick bullets.

My old GM never used CLOWN as a combat threat, so combat oriented characters tend to fall on the way side. Only personalities and characters with remembable gimmicks are remembered. Also... CLOWN was a huge group. Understandable, considering they need lots of bodies to pull off pranks, and they don't have "CLOWN Agents".

On 3/23/2018 at 4:13 PM, tiger said:

It's released!

It up for sale on RPGNow and sent to Jason and soon will be in the store

Congratulations! It is up at the store now. Now, the only question is, do I buy just the PDF, or do I also buy the Hero Designer files. Note: I don't own HD, nor a real computer, but with HERO System Mobile, I can see the files.

23 hours ago, steriaca said:

I want to thank you, Tiger, in advance for the "thank you". If I got a shout out for Villain Codex 2 for the ideas I suggest but Tiger didn't use, I'm sure I'll get a thanks for the idea which became Balloon-A-Tic.

yep and Stooge Fu

I'm assuming Jack-O'-Lantern is going to show up in a S.I.D. Bullion at a later date.

Here is my take on the guy.

His attack pumpkins.

1) Blunt Pumpkin: Not all pumpkins have to explode to be harmful. Physical Blast, recoverable charges.

2) Spiked Pumpkin: Sometimes, you must pre-puncher a superhero's chest before the explosions start. RKA, penetrating, recoverable charges.

3) Chloroform Gas Pumpkin: Sleep. Sleep. Then I'll pick up my target and leave you an alarm clock to awaken you. You'll get a real bang out of it. Drain Stun, DEX, OCV, DCV, OMCV, DMCV, all at once,  Explosion, NND (immunity to drugs, needs no sleep, active self-contained breathing supply, no need to breath).

4) Concussion Pumpkin: Not all exploding pumpkins need to be deadly. Blast, Explosion.

5) Shrapnel Pumpkin: The meet of his powers. RKA, Explosion, Penatrating.

6) Napalm Pumpkin: First the explosion, then the fire jelly which is set on fire and continues to burn. RKA and a linked RKA, Continuous, Uncontrolled.

I kinda figured out who is who in IMP.

Mr. Smiley: A much much sainer Joker.

Death Jester: There is a lesser known Daredevil villain named Jester.

Jack-O'-Lantern: Green Goblin slash Scarecrow.

Mad Hatter: The original comic book version The Mad Hatter (as oppose to the Batman TV show version).

Marionette: Puppet Master.

Ms. Synister: Arcade.

The Fool: An evil version of Puck from Alpha Flight.

Popgun: guess.

My idea for advancing IMP.

Mister Smiley: He needs a backup rail gun. And it is relitivly cheep (5 eps).

While I don't see him tossing explosions like his brother, I do see him using gas bombs which have a lesser version of his coup-de-grace poison. Put the gas inside a yellow orb with a smiley face on the side, and we can call them Smiley Balls. Try other emotions (like crying), and call them Emoji Balls.

Death Jester: A small gadget vvp would be nice.

Of course, his real calling is Stooge Fu. So, he has to study some Three Stooges shorts to enable him to...

Fist Game Stage 2: Hand-To-Hand Attack, Trigger (Preforming A Block And Wanting To Use This Attack), Restrainable, Hand-To-Hand Attack Limitation.

Curly's Circle Kick: Hand-To-Hand Attack, Area Effect (Radius), Extra Time (Full Phase), Limited Power (Automatically Prone, Needs To Spend Next Movement To Get Up), Hand-To-Hand Attack Limitation.

Jack-O'-Lantern: Some more pumpkin bombs. Increase his charges.

A 'Pumpkin Carver' knife might make for a cool secondary weapon. It also allows him to carve out a victim's lower chest like a pumpkin.

A few new bombs, like fire gel (continuous RKA) and hallucination gas (Mental Illusions, Based On Con, No Consous Control [No Choice On Illusion, Must Be Horrific To Target]).

Mad Hatter: I don't see how he could improve. Prehaps over time he could develop mental powers without his hat (exposing his brain to the device in his hat over time expanded his mind, but he is more powerful with the hat than without it). Prehaps as a backup weapon, give him a blade disguised as his "in this style" card in his hat.

Marionette: As a back up weapon, prehaps a razor sharp wire "puppet strings" to cut thoes who can not be controlled. Basically an invisible HKA with Stretching only with weapon.

Another thing would be spools of "puppet strings" she could throw which would wrap around the target (Entangle).

Ms. Synister: Her "powers" are limited to having her victims be at a special place if her choosing. But how does she get them there? And how does she deal with this targets who do not play 'fair' and go to place x to get killed?

Well, she'll send in the drone then. Shaped like a video game spaceship, it is basically a Multipower with indirect attacks, like a tranquilizer dart, bladed wing edges, and other surpises.

Fool: Sometimes you can't help but be in hand to hand combat. So, a sleeve blade for each arm, and some acrobatic turning can make Fool a real cut up at parties.

Popgun: A backup pair of pistols hidden in Dollar, just in case of disarment. A darringer gun hidden in his hat, used as a last resort. Finally, for those hard to kill targets, build a gattling gun built into Dollar.

Been thinking about advancements to CLOWN members.

Merry Andrew: While regeneration is mentioned in his background, it is not on the sheet. It wouldn't be to out of character to give him the bare minimum of Regeneration (1 Body each 24 hours) without saying he is a mutant or anything (the blessings of good genetics, much like his intelligence).

A 50 point VVP seems to low for a mad genius as him. 75 to 150 points would be better. Don't change the other cost. This will give him up to three 50 point gadgets (as oppose to one 150 point gadget). I do know that Merry Andrew has basically an unlimited point value VVP to create pranks, so the original VVP should not represent that.

The Fox (of Crime): A mass teleportation ability to move the group is much more valuable than TeeHee, and Fox is just the mutant to develop it. Fox should find more room in his ring for more pies (and more charges). Fox, being a master burglar, should have a minor VVP of his own. This represents minor gadgets helpful in a robbery job, and could be helpful in pulling pranks also. Many of these gadgets are things one can buy in the underworld which any other robber could buy.

Considering that Fox is a fan of old cartoons, he should have a Knowledge Skill in cartoons and Comedy Crime Media (The Pink Panther series, Ocean's 11 series, The Italian Job, ECT...). He should also be a fan of Lupin the 3rd.

April Foolmaker: Telekinesis, stronger with her puppet than without. Beyond that...I got nothing.

Balloon-A-Tic: Water balloons (Cosmetic Transformation: dry person to wet person, Dispel vs Fire powers).

Marbles: Ever seen the anime Bakagon? Bakagon is basically origami marbles. Give her a summon basically a giant living marble or two.

Skate Kate: The only thing which comes in mind is more charges. Perhaps a small VVP representing gadgets Merry Andrew gives her to use.

Spotlight: "Solid Light" attacks (blast which does knockback).

Tag: More advantages to STR, only vs thoes who are "It" (Double Knockback, Penatration, ECT...). It might make more sense to give Tag Variable Advantages to STR. Increse Defenses, only vs thoes who are It.

TeeHee: TeeHee us perfect as he is.

Here is CLOWN's agent pool. The CLOWN Kollage.

The Kollage are all fans of CLOWN. They are basically normals who pop out of the woodwork whenever Merry Andrew needs extra bodies to pull a prank. Dressed in a graduate gown, moterbord (graduate hat with tassel), and usually various masks (ranging from clown masks, Groucho glasses, and/or greasepaint), they are sworn to be non-violent and helpful. They only appear to help in pranks (and not hists).

Kollage members are equipped with a force field generator, an anti-fall deceleration unit (flight, only to glide, trigger: when falling), and expands-arms (streching, arms only). They carry no weapons at all and are instructed to get out of the way of a fight.

Kollage members are NOT consider a member of CLOWN. They are Volunteers. They are expected to default to CLOWN members in all matters ("they know wurst, so we should obay, unless we can't cut the muster..."). While on the job, they will not kill (and if they ever do kill, must turn in there cap and gown).