Fallout

HaukeaCanada

7 hours ago, Norm said:

The Deadly Blow (6E1 p113) and Weaponmaster (6E1 116) talents add 3 DC.  You could probably ratio them down to 2 DC.

I'm only using 5th Edition Rules here, so 6E isn't in my list of available materials. (Really wish I could add that to the subject header.)

I'm thinking I'll just keep the base cost of a +1DC as 5 active points (the standard) and modify it from there.

Sorry about that.  I forgot that you mentioned 5th edition in your second post.  Lets see if I can strike out.  Fallout 4, 5th Edition, now limb only....

I used a Dice Probability Calculator (https://anydice.com/ with the 'Normal' and 'At Most' buttons) to figure out how I would come up with the limitation Limbs Only.  I am going with limbs defined as location 6-9 (hands, arms, shoulders) and 14-18 (thighs, legs, feet).  4.63+6.94+9.72+11.57+6.94+4.63+2.78+1.39+.46=49.06%  That is closest to a 10- (50%) Activation Roll and therefore a -1.25 limitation.  If you do not want shoulders and thighs...  Locations 6-8, 15-18...  4.63+6.94+9.72+4.63+2.78+1.39+.46=30.55%.  That is a closest to a 8- (25.93%).  So a -2 limitation.

Is that something like you were looking for?

• 1 month later...

For those wondering, the external drive I store my work on went and had the cybernetic equivalent of a stroke, and a heart attack. Then it really started to have issues.

Basically all the work I did on my Fallout conversion is gone, along with the USB drive. :( I should have known that a promotional 128 GB USB drive was too good to be true.

11 hours ago, HaukeaCanada said:

For those wondering, the external drive I store my work on went and had the cybernetic equivalent of a stroke, and a heart attack. Then it really started to have issues.

Basically all the work I did on my Fallout conversion is gone, along with the USB drive. :( I should have known that a promotional 128 GB USB drive was too good to be true.

I have had this problem before.  As a result, today anything that I determine is really important I will save in a minimum of two locations plus a hard copy backup.  That way if anything were to happen to one location I could get to one of the other locations and restore with little lost time and effort.  The possibility of losing all sources is extremely unlikely.

On 7/27/2018 at 9:55 AM, HaukeaCanada said:

Ugh, I sympathize. I lost my Fantasy Hero fighter archetype material when the hard drive it was on died, and I hadn't backed it up.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:43 AM, Pyre-Archer said:

I'm really sorry to hear that! Can you rebuild from memory, or just let it rest for a while?

I think I'm going to let it rest for a while. Lost everything - spreadsheets, lists (for FO 1, 2, 3, NV, Tactics; perks, items, at al), notes I was using for converting. Not that I can't redo it, just a lot of effort and not enough time as I had when I started it.

On the plus side, I did/have learned more about the System than I realized, and when I do get to version 2.0 it should be more streamlined.

Edited by HaukeaCanada