Martial Combat Maneuver AoE?

g3taso

I was checking out Killershrike's PF Monk conversion and it got me thinking about combat maneuvers (which are based off STR in 5e) with advantaged STR

NA:  AoE (up to 2" Radius; +1) for up to 15 Active Points of STR (15 Active Points); OAF Weapon of Opportunity(-1)

Assuming I have Legsweep, or Passing Strike or some other martial maneuver and the appropriate weapon element(s), I would understand that I could attack everyone in my or any adjacent hex. An AOE Legsweep like in action cinema. 

Am I correct in this, or just stock up on CSLs for Sweep? 'Cuz this seems awful good and awful cheap, so it must be a trap! :)

Here is an Advantaged HA method.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/92560-question-about-linked-powers/?do=findComment&comment=2474080

Here is a 5e build of Daffy Duck as Robin Hood using his Buck and Quarter Quarterstaff.

post-2288-0-85837200-1451977773.gif

14 Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha - THRUST!: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Continuous (+1) (70 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), OIF (buck and a quarter staff (of opportunity); -1/2), STR Minimum 6-14 (8) (-1/2), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (1/2 DCV; -1/2), Requires A DEX Roll (No Active Point penalty to Skill Roll; -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Side Effects (Smacks himself in the face with staff; -1/4) - END=0

Anyone entering the character's hex will automatically get hit (unless the character misses the initial DEX roll).

The character can add up to +4 DC's with enough STR, CSL's or Martial Arts.

Yes, its legal, but it has one minor issue.

By legal definition, since it is a HTH attack its modifying, its no range.  Since its no range, it must target the same or adjacent hex which means that the user is also in the area of effect and thus will also fall even if the maneuver says only the target will fall.  It needs either personal immunity or a selective modifier.

The original build by the OP didn't have hole in the middle but that works too.

Stretching would allow the center of the radius to move out to the extent of the stretching but then hole in the middle will not work.  You would need to make sure you have enough stretching such that the center is far enough away that you don't trip yourself.