2018 Superdraft Central

Pariah

Turns out my summer classes don't start until June 11th, so I could run something next month if there's interest. It wouldn't necessarily be a Supers draft, although you could run it that way if you wanted to.

2 hours ago, Pariah said:

Turns out my summer classes don't start until June 11th, so I could run something next month if there's interest. It wouldn't necessarily be a Supers draft, although you could run it that way if you wanted to.

Post the rules when you're ready.

CES

• 1 month later...

Kids on bikes is the genre of Stranger Things, ET, and IT

The genre focuses on the 9-14 age range, when kids get just a little more autonomy. Not a car, sure, they aren't real teenagers, but you can get far on a bike if you want to. The kids would encounter something fantastic, and they can't/don't rely on adults to deal with it.

Supers or non-supers? Or does it matter?

(It probably won't matter much to me, actually. Starting about the second week in August, I'm going to be up to my abdomen in alligators. I'll be lucky to get anything done at all as far as a draft goes.)

The kids are normal with respect to their community.  I will have a "common powerset" rule. That is, if you want to do a colony of Kryptonians, or JK Rowling wizards, or Jedi, that is fine. Players can draft a "common powerset" as an Option, and thereafter all the kids will have that powerset, even if they didn't in the source material.

Also, an option can be used to draft a single weird or powered kid, whose powers are not held in common by the community

Otherwise, all characters will be normal kids. You can draft powered characters, but they will be assumed to be unpowered versions. Also, you can draft adults, and we they will be de-aged.

2 hours ago, Sociotard said:

The genre focuses on the 9-14 age range, when kids get just a little more autonomy. Not a car, sure, they aren't real teenagers, but you can get far on a bike if you want to. The kids would encounter something fantastic, and they can't/don't rely on adults to deal with it.

Ah, thank you for explaining.

I haven't watched Stranger Things OR the new IT yet 

9 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Never heard that phrase before, but it makes a lot of sense.  ?

• 2 weeks later...