Superdraft: All Your Earths are Belong to V'han!

Hermit

Okay, my third and final option to round things out:

Option #3: A super advanced piece of technology up for grabs: the Quantum Forge. This machine can create nearly anything the user wants provided there's a source of quantum transmutable matter it can draw from. Whichever side in the conflict gets their hands on will enjoy a substantial advantage. I leave it up to Hermit to decide (secretly) who will ultimately acquire the Forge, just to make things interesting.

Title: Shades of Reality

Silence echoed in the thron room as Loki considered Dr. Saito's argument.  The faintest hint of a smile flickered at the corners of his mouth.  "But tell me, Dr. Saito,"  he said, "even if people begin to realize they're in a hologram, how will they know for certain what is real and what isn't?"

"My best invention, of course."  Dr. Saito drew a pair of sunglasses from inside his jacket.  "These filter out the holographic projections from reality.  With these anyone can see your holograms, your androids, your subliminal messages.  Tens of thousands of these have been made, and given to the leaders of what will soon become the rebellion that destroys you, and kicks you and your kind off of Earth forever."

Loki paused.  Then, slowly, he began to applaud.  "Well done, Dr. Saito!  Very well done indeed, this time!  I never get tired of these speeches of yours.  Such confidence!  Such conviction!  And this time, with the sunglasses... brilliant!"  He snatched the sunglasses from Dr. Saito's hand, and tried them on.

"What are you talking about?" the Asian man demanded.

"Oh!  Right.  Don't you see?  Did you ever... look at yourself while wearing these?"

Dr. Saito said nothing.

"You see, the first time around," Loki continued, "the real Dr. Saito figured things out almost as quickly as you did.  He didn't invent sunglasses, but he was able to figure out how to find and disable the holodeck projectors.  A genius, he was.  You are," he said.  "I was so impressed that I decided I just had to have a Dr. Saito of my own.  So we pulled Dr. Saito's memories and personality--which was, regrettably, fatal to the original--and implanted them into an android.

"And we released him to do what you do best, only implanted with a tracking and recording mechanism.  You are the seventh Dr. Saito, and each of you has found another weakness in our system, and unwittingly betrayed another potential revolution."

"Impossible!!" Dr. Saito whispered.

"I have to say, I wish we could be friends," Loki concluded.  "But before you go, please know that I hold you in the highest regard.  It's too bad that mankind is on the verge of extermination.  You will probably be the last Dr. Saito.  So I suppose that when I say goodbye this time, it is for real."

Final option:

The Sunglasses

piper_surprise.jpg