Superdraft: All Your Earths are Belong to V'han!

Hermit

Protagonist: Lieutenant Susumu Kodai, United Nations Cosmo Navy (Space Battleship Yamato 2199)

Somewhat hotheaded in his younger days, Colonel Kodai has become simply the best pilot in the Solar Fleet. Still flying his old reliable A-series space pursuit ship, Kodai leads the Fleet Aerospace Force of 6,000 single-seat fighters, 3,000 Z-series 3-man spaceship destroyers, and 1,000 of the new Gazelle-series 6-man ultra-light speed scouts.

210919.jpg

"I'll get right to the point," Victor said. "I need your help."

The other man eyed him intently, but said nothing.

"I know this isn't the fight you have chosen. You have dedicated your life to peaceful coexistence between mutants and ordinary humans--a battle made all the more difficult by President Kaufman's divisive and hate-fueled administration. That you persist is evidence, at least to me, of the greatness of your character."

"Victor...."  he began.

"I also recognize that you are a man of great power--more powerful than either of us may truly comprehend. I have enormous respect for that. I understand that you are loathe to use your powers, for fear of the damage you may cause, and I respect that, as well.

"But this invasion is bigger than any of that. I threatens all of us--mutants, normal humans, and everyone else. Even with the allies I currently have, I don't think we can prevail without you.

"So I have come to implore you for aid. I will beg if I must."

"Old friend," he said, smiling solemnly, "You need not beg assistance of me. I know what's at stake, for all of us. If Earth is to be saved, we must be the ones to save it. Any aid I can give you, I offer freely."

Protagonist: Magneto

magneto-bigcostume5.jpg

Location: the alternate Earth where both Bush and Gore lost the 2000 election to an unknown.

Protagonist #1: Witchcraft of the Champions (5th Ed)

Protagonist #2: Cantrip of the Motor City Defenders (5th)

Protagonist #3: Solitaire of the Champions (4th)

Protagonist #4: Raven of the Teen Titans

Protagonist #5: Barbarella

The General: Mad Mod

The Dragon: Naraku

Protagonist 1: Jotaro Kujo

The Jojo of the "Stardust Crusaders" arc, and still in his prime.  Jotaro is a formidable martial artist (even without Hamon training), a marine biologist, and possesses the Star Platinum Stand, which can among other things stop time.  He (with help) defeated DIO, and hopes to stop the alternate universe Dio from accomplishing his own plans.

11 hours ago, Marcus Impudite said:

Location: the alternate Earth where both Bush and Gore lost the 2000 election to an unknown.

Protagonist #1: Witchcraft of the Champions (5th Ed)

Protagonist #2: Cantrip of the Motor City Defenders (5th)

Protagonist #3: Solitaire of the Champions (4th)

Protagonist #4: Raven of the Teen Titans

Protagonist #5: Barbarella

The General: Mad Mod

The Dragon: Naraku

Naraku?  I actually considered as my antagonist-protagonist instead of Aizen

Loki.jpg

"Oh, release him!" Loki demanded as the guards dropped their prisoner in front of the throne.  "He is no threat to us.  Besides, he needs to be comfortable. We have much to discuss."

The guards yanked the hood off of the prisoner, a well-dressed, middle-aged Asian man, who blinked as he tried to get his bearings.  One guard bent, turned his finger into a blade, and cut free the plastic restraints that bound the man's wrists and ankles.

"Better, I hope," Loki said.  The man merely nodded once.  "I do apologize for your treatment," Loki went on.  "These liquid metal androids are versatile, but they're not very empathetic.  But when I heard that someone had seen through my grand illusion, I just had to meet him in person.  Who can appreciate my greatest accomplishment when that accomplishment is to hide it from everyone?"  The Asian man warily rose to his feet, but said nothing.

Loki went on.  "You see, when I first took this assignment, I expected it to be difficult.  Impossible, even.  The people of Earth have a reputation for being impossible to control. Countless attempts have failed over the centuries, including several of my own.  So what could I do differently?  How could I succeed this time?

"And it occurred to me that, perhaps, the people of Earth would not resist subjugation if they did not know they were subjugated.  Fortunately, this falls squarely within my skill set.  But how could an illusion of this size be perpetuated?  I spent some time in disguise, living among you, and I discovered something very interesting.

"Human society is built on lies.  Little lies to be polite to each other.  Bigger lies to make you feel better about yourselves.  The biggest lies to take advantage of each other!  Your society would have collapsed overnight if you had to tell the truth for a day, or even an hour!

"Never have I seen a people more desperate to be lied to!  'Reality' television.  Cable news.  Virtual reality.  Advertising!  You were already living in a world of lies.  And you loved it!" Loki shouted.

"And the tools you had to create those lies!  Photoshop. Computer graphics.  Psychotropic drugs.  Hypnosis.  Subliminal messaging.  Social media!  I am the God of Lies, and even I was taken aback at the sheer magnitude of it.  It didn't take much to expand on this and make it into something all-encompassing.

"We started small, of course.  Replaced key individuals with robots, like this T-1000.  Took over communications companies and key government departments.  Small doses of hallucinogens in the water supply.  By the time we switched on the holodeck generators, mankind's grip on reality was tenuous at best.  

"Today humanity lives in a simulated environment that subtly keeps them controlled and distracted.  An environment of holograms, force fields, androids, and subliminal messages.  A benevolent copy of the reality you once knew, except for the disguised aliens that have now colonized Earth.  It is so successful that we're planning to begin the first phase of human population reduction in a few days.  We're years ahead of schedule!  How often does that happen?

"So you see, Doctor, we cannot allow your research to continue.  Imagine if the people of Earth woke up tomorrow and realized that their entire lives were a charade for the sole purpose of keeping them unaware of the aliens that live among them?  There would be chaos."  Loki grabbed him gently, but firmly, by the arm; the grip of a frost giant.  In his other hand he produced a small syringe.  "So before we erase your memories, is there anything you'd like to say?"

Dr. Saito... smiled.

Protagonist #1: Dr. Saito (Inception)

6a602033686b60e149063aed8a54c933.jpg

Option: Holodeck Tech

Untitled-31.jpg

Loki stepped back, nonplussed.  "I have only one thing to say, Mr. Loki," Dr. Saito began.  "You have already failed.  You think you have fooled all of humanity.  And perhaps you did, for a time.  But, as a famous scientist once said, 'Life finds a way.'

"There are eight billion humans on this planet, Mr. Loki.  And each one is different.  So there will always be a few who, like myself, noticed the flaws in your program, and were able to deduce its existence.  And there will be others.

"There will be those with for whom reality is already very subjective."

Protagonist #2: Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier)

captain-america-civil-war-winter-soldier

"There will be those who will perceive your illusion subconsciously."

Protagonist #3: Neo (The Matrix)

latest.jpg

"And some will break your illusion purely by accident."

Protagonist #4: Douglas Quaid (Total Recall)

789484895.png

"And that is just the humans you have to worry about," Dr Saito almost whispered.

Being in the same room with it was a little disconcerting, Victor thought. He knew there was no reason for him to be concerned. This being had saved the world a dozen times over, often sacrificing its own physical form in the process. Still, there was something...menacing, almost, about it.

Victor began to understand the battle Magneto had fought all his life. Everyone, it seemed, was frightened of that which was different.

It didn't seem to notice Victor's misgivings, however...or if it did, it wasn't concerned by them

"Of course I will help you," it said in its emotionless monotone voice. "My programming mandates that I protect life."

"Does that include the lives of the invaders?"

"Yes. I will not destroy them. Destruction is not my purpose. Protection is my purpose."

"Will you protect the Invaders from us? Will you prevent us from destroying them, if we decide it is necessary to protect our world?"

It hesitated to answer for almost a full second. That must seem like an eternity to it, Victor thought. But the response was clear. "I am programmed to protect the people of Earth.  If it is necessary for you to destroy the Invaders, I will not stop you. But I will not destroy them for you."

"I wouldn't ask you to. Thank you."

Protagonist:  Mechanon

Mechanon.png

EDF(Earth Defense Force) headquarters....

" We're losing. Even with Ultraseven on our side...we're losing...badly. They have the numbers...plus their teleporting devices gives their troops mobility we can't match. And we can't touch King Ghidorah. he's developed some sort of bioelectric force field that repels all attacks. "

" Yes...we need the help of some of the Earth's greatest scientific minds in order to turn the tide. "

" Agreed. Our superhuman assets aren't enough. No disrespect to you of course. "

" None taken. I have some people in mind. We just need to get them together. "

" We leave that to you then...but hurry. The Western US, Britain, and India have all fallen to the invaders already. "

Protagonist #2: Sunfire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunfire_(comics)

225px-Sunfirex.png

2 hours ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

EDF(Earth Defense Force) headquarters....

" We're losing. Even with Ultraseven on our side...we're losing...badly. They have the numbers...plus their teleporting devices gives their troops mobility we can't match. And we can't touch King Ghidorah. he's developed some sort of bioelectric force field that repels all attacks. "

" Yes...we need the help of some of the Earth's greatest scientific minds in order to turn the tide. "

" Agreed. Our superhuman assets aren't enough. No disrespect to you of course. "

" None taken. I have some people in mind. We just need to get them together. "

" We leave that to you then...but hurry. The Western US, Britain, and India have all fallen to the invaders already. "

Protagonist #2: Sunfire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunfire_(comics)

225px-Sunfirex.png

Wow, I got sniped!

20 minutes ago, Old Man said:

b81d985e64d7459fcfc34b8d11301656.jpg

Yay! we have our first official draw in thread!

The result?

A Club Card- Curse your Sudden but Inevitable Betrayal. One of your picks has changed sides! A defender of the Earth may try to sell it out to V'han. A V'hanian Dragon might turn on the General he /she serves!  Maybe they take their own side and betray everyone? Gasp.

But what form will Old Man have it take?

Adding a couple of options to mine:

Option #1: Mad Mod got his mitts on some water from the fabled Fountain of Youth and has been restored to his prime.

Option #2: Mod and Naraku are keeping none other than Byron Swain prisoner in the basement of their headquarters. Mod it seems is collecting Swain's pheromones to put into the Lothario™ cologne his dummy corporation, Mojo Fragrances, has been marketing; both as a way of causing chaos, and as a way of putting money in their coffers.