Superdraft: All Your Earths are Belong to V'han!

Hermit

On 1/15/2018 at 8:43 AM, Hermit said:

The Honor System Card pick factor-  This  pick is not under your control (or shouldn't be), and it's not under my control either. You pick a single card from a typical deck, and depending on what suit you get, you must adjust your story. This only happens one and you're on the honor system. I mean, you could lie, but you're only cheating yourself blah blah and I think we're a pretty good bunch.

There's your answer.

5 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Point of order.

Drawing the card. How do you know that we are telling the truth when we say what card we draw ?

Someone could for example be a Motorhead fan and claim they drew the Ace of Spades.

Ahem....

The Honor System Card pick factor-  This  pick is not under your control (or shouldn't be), and it's not under my control either. You pick a single card from a typical deck, and depending on what suit you get, you must adjust your story. This only happens one and you're on the honor system. I mean, you could lie, but you're only cheating yourself blah blah and I think we're a pretty good bunch. You must have at least three protagonists, your General, and your dragon picked before you have your card draw day.

Short answer: Self-policing.

(And seriously, how many fans of Motörhead could there be out there, anyway?)

My draw card has also been made. It my request the Commish made it for me. I'm just not ready to reveal it yet. Got some thinking to do on it.

In the meantime we have today's pick.

Protagonist: Admiral Lady Dame Honor Harrington, Duchess Harrington, Royal Manticoran Navy (David Weber's Honorverse)

One of Rhodan's oldest allies, Spacefleet General Harrington has been with him since the beginning. The two were roommates at the California Academy of Spaceflight 25 years earlier and served together on several missions prior to Rhodan's 1971 lunar landing mission. Now the commanding general of the Solar Fleet from the command deck of the Titan, one of only two 1,500 meter superbattleships of the Arkonide Universe class that was seized from Arkon last year, General Harrington is a brilliant strategist and an equally skilled tactician. Further she is a crack shot and expert in hand-to-hand combat. On a visit to the planet Sphinx 5 years ago she was adopted a 6-limbed, empathic treecat that she has named Nimitz.

field_of_dishonor.jpg

Note: this version of the character is not a genetically enhanced heavy-worlder, having been born in the USA in 1936 there was no need for her to be. Nor does she have any artificial parts, although she does bear several scars.

Mad Mod greedily gulped down the contents of the ornate bottle in his hand. The effects of the water were immediately noticeable looking at his reflection in the inactive view screen: his wrinkled skin was smoothing, his hair went from grey to its original vibrant red and his hairline was returning. More than that, he felt a vitality he hadn't had since the 1960s. He smiled as he straightened his Union Jack pattern tie.

The Dragon: Paragon

Joel Cochin has the ability to duplicate physical and mental abilities of those around him, at improved proficiency and power levels.  This includes Stands.   When not near a strategic genius, however, Paragon isn't that good a long-range planner; thus his second-banana position.

6 hours ago, Marcus Impudite said:

Shuffling deck, drawing a card...

3 of Clubs.

Taking orders from V'han is one thing, but Naraku is chafing under the command of that dandy, Mad Mod. He's secretly plotting to backstab Mod and take command personally.

Yes, Naraku isn't going to let me down.

Conincidentally I also used the Random Card generator from Random.org and got

https://www.random.org/playing-cards/?cards=1&decks=1&spades=on&hearts=on&diamonds=on&clubs=on&aces=on&twos=on&threes=on&fours=on&fives=on&sixes=on&sevens=on&eights=on&nines=on&tens=on&jacks=on&queens=on&kings=on&remaining=on

The 9 of hearts

I will now need to go away and think about what I do about it

1 hour ago, Logan.1179 said:

Ok, finding flagsuits is more difficult than I anticipated, so I'll go a little more obscure.

Protagonist #5 is China's The Collective Man!

77801-139000-collective-man.jpg

Reminds me of Soyuz (is he the right one)? from Red Dawn.