Extinction Event Kickstarter FEB 18th 2018

Laz

Hey DreadDomain,

Great suggestions. I passed them on to my partner who is reviewing Part 5 and I'll keep these posts as a checklist for when I review Parts 3 and 4 (after I'm done with the HD Files).

Thank you so much!

Laz

Hi Laz,

I might be late in the game now but I have a few more suggestions for you to consider regarding the psychic powers.

1) List the powers by disciplines instead of alphabetically. I see two reasons for this. First, it gives a sense of an in world system. The apportation abilities are listed in apportation and the aura reading abilities are listed with the aura reading discipline. Second, and this is more important, it will be easier for players to choose which disciplines they want (major and minor) because they will get a sense of what the discipline can do much more easily (no need to flip between pages to jump from one ability to another). In addition, once they have selected the disciplines they want to specialize in, its easier to jump jump to the relevant section to choose abilities. I guess there is a reason why the products in a supermarket are displayed thematically and not alphabetically :)

2)  Consider listing the powers "per level" instead of as a whole when possible. It is easier for players to select the right level of ability for a minor discipline as oppose to recalculate everything (I assume here that we want to easily introduce non HERO player to Extinction Event). Allow me to add two controversial suggestions related to this:

• If the cost doesn't divide evenly, do not sweat it. As an example, Bump Aim costs 13 CP for Drain OCV 5d6. Make it 3CP per Drain OCV 1d6, it won't break the game and make it easier
  • Do not list the value for the advantages and limitations. Each power have Active Cost and Real Cost. The value of each modifiers in between don't matter much.

Again, thanks for doing this!

Hey DreadDomain,

I passed these on to my partner as well. The only issue I see with not arranging the powers alphabetically is finding them during play if needed, but I'll let my partner make the call on that one. These are great suggestions.

Thank you so much!

Laz

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...