Let’s get Darren an award

Doc Democracy

I am guessing, there are several people promoting the vote.  Whether that's wrong or not isn't the problem.  It might be a problem of avoiding hurting the feeling of creators who are not promoting their product who had a good showing originally before the promotion began.  It also might be a problem in that some people will vote for only the leaders (a sociological problem),  Again, this is all a conjecture.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:33 PM, dsatow said:

I am guessing, there are several people promoting the vote.  Whether that's wrong or not isn't the problem.  It might be a problem of avoiding hurting the feeling of creators who are not promoting their product who had a good showing originally before the promotion began.  It also might be a problem in that some people will vote for only the leaders (a sociological problem),  Again, this is all a conjecture.

My guess is rather more sinister. Given that the books that suddenly caught up in the race were both for the same game/company, and received a huge surge in votes very late in the poll, far beyond the performance of the other books in contention, leads me to suspect that some supporter of them tried to rig the voting, maybe by unleashing a swarm of bots, or hacking the Bamfsies server, or some other means.

If "Victor VonBoom" (apparently the handle of the manager of the Bamfsies) needed to correct that and reset the voting tallies, making the poll results private may have been seen as less confusing. It might also have been aimed at discouraging further tampering. But I have to emphasize that this is only a guess -- I have absolutely no corroboration that this happened.

Celebratory Fireworks!!: (Total: 47 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Sight and Hearing Groups Images, +/-4 to PER Rolls, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Area Of Effect (32m Radius Explosion; +1/2) (47 Active Points); Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, -1 1/4), OAF (-1), Set Effect (-1), 2 clips of 3 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances (something to celebrate); Increased Reloading Time: 1 Minute; -3/4), Inaccurate (0 OCV; -1/2), Side Effects (Always occurs whenever the character does someting dumb like set them off indoors; -1/4), Restrainable (Only by means such as dousing them with water before they're lit; -1/4) (Real Cost: 8)

Lucius Alexander

I didn't put Requires a Roll on it but the palindromedry still says I should get a qualified pyrotechnician to set them off.