Moderator Note to folks: Regarding the F word overuse

Hermit

2 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

How about cussing in languages no-one else understand? 

I realize the majority of posters on this site (I believe) are American and probably monolingual (maybe not?) but what if some kid from Germatinacanastan decides to give say Champions a chance only to end up being told to  stay away from that filth because they speak that language?

Please, think of the young Germatinacanastanis!

49 minutes ago, Hermit said:

I realize the majority of posters on this site (I believe) are American and probably monolingual (maybe not?) but what if some kid from Germatinacanastan decides to give say Champions a chance only to end up being told to  stay away from that filth because they speak that language?

Please, think of the young Germatinacanastanis!

Germatinacanastanites.

As an aside I remember during BSG's new run how the use of 'frak' in the show was so obviously meant to be a replacement for the big F and used so heavily, often in a clearly sexual manner, that some censors started getting concerned about it. 

If everyone knows what you meant what defines the vulgarity of a curse?  Time its used by a culture? Is the F-Bomb taboo where Frak isn't because of depth of cultural linguistic penetration?  Could one day with enough adoption could frak be as censored as  its predecessor?

... in any case, no using the f word.  Easy rule to follow and appreciated - I'm one of those people who keep the censors on in an MMO.  Not because I'm offended, per se - I just prefer that expletives be saved for times which deserve their emphasis (you know, like the cancer exception. Or falling off a cliff.)