Moderator Note to folks: Regarding the F word overuse

Hermit

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, you're responsible for what you post. If you put an image of said word, or a link to an image that opens up in post, then surely you realize it is the same thing as writing the word. In fact, it has been remarked on in this very thread that that sort of thing has been dealt with before.

I come back after a hell week of frustration and stress, and discover that's exactly what someone did. To say I was vexed is putting it mildly. 

Someone has received a warning...and not from me. I deferred to another on that.

If this happens from folks who I know should know better again, I'll skip straight to infractions.

I'm tired of begging.

I'm tired of pleading.

I'm actually, at this point, tired of being nice about it.

90% of you roll with it even if you think it's silly, or whatever. To those, I say thank you. 

To the 10% of you that can't or won't follow it?  And KEEP not following it?

Here's a lot of rope.

You will I'm sure hang yourselves onto the moderated list.

And then dangle right over the gallows of a banning.

I'm not going to ask "are we clear" or "Do you understand" because if you don't by now, you never will. 

Kid gloves are off.

Thread is locked.

• Hermit locked this topic
  • 2 years later...

Since this first went up, Guidelines have been made official by the admins etc.

So.. putting them here for anyone who missed them:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of DOJ or these forums. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to report the message to the moderators. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of these forums, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by DOJ.