80's Man

Nothere

So I've just recently watched Despicable me 3 and Atomic Blonde. Being in a silly mood I'm already plotting to unleash 80's Man. (70's man was his Uncle :) ) I have an idea how I'll do it, but I thought I'd throw it out to the board. Is 80's Man hero or villain? What are his powers? Like does he even have powers? I'm so sure. So what are your radical ideas?

I just see a guy who when he grabs his magical mallet, he turns into 80s man.  His mullet grows grows out, his hair get's productized and fluffy and he puts on his RayBans and nylon Members Only jacket. 

Of course,  unless he's african american and then his hair puffs out into an afro and shrinks back into a jheri curl and his Member's only jacket becomes leather.

Note: As an asian, we didn't have much of a style of our own than we seemed to try and copy everyone else.  The sad attempts of asians trying to do jheri curls was really just sad.

There was also the pastel shiny clubbing suit and 5 o'clock shadow made famous with Miami Vice too.

Sleeps around a lot.

Girlfriend of the Week is killed off starting the adventure.

Drives fast car and crashes a lot but is never injured.

Lots of shooting but no one is ever hit.

His female sidekick is useful but will end up tied and gagged at some point.

1 hour ago, Cassandra said:

Sleeps around a lot.

Girlfriend of the Week is killed off starting the adventure.

Drives fast car and crashes a lot but is never injured.

Lots of shooting but no one is ever hit.

His female sidekick is useful but will end up tied and gagged at some point.

Oh!  Don't forget the funny overweight sidekick!  Not as useful as the female sidekick but is besties with the hero.

This is one of the characters I've always planned on building but never have.  I think it was the late 90s when I wanted to make "Spirit of the 80s" as a Champions character.  I had a bunch of powers that I'd come up with for him, but I can't remember most of them now.  I do recall that he could draw a large rectangle in the sand, then fall back into it and turn it into a swimming pool (the Nestea Plunge).  I think any car that he drove up to 88 mph would travel through time.  Bunch of stuff like that.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:05 AM, dsatow said:

I just see a guy who when he grabs his magical mallet, he turns into 80s man.  His mullet grows grows out, his hair get's productized and fluffy and he puts on his RayBans and nylon Members Only jacket. 

Of course,  unless he's african american and then his hair puffs out into an afro and shrinks back into a jheri curl and his Member's only jacket becomes leather.

The mullet can act as a shield.

When I was young, I hated my hair on top being long because it got in my ears and eyes (plus being "blessed with thick hair made it uncombable and it grew outwards on top rather than down, though that thick hair is paying off now, when every other guy my age is either at male-pattern baldness or giving up and shaving bald).  And I wished for it long in back because waiting for the bus in 20 degrees or less sucks with hair shortages.  So, I guess it was good for that....maybe?  Not really.

Gotts say the women had worse hair in the 80s.  5"3 women would be 6 feet after hair spray adage.  I think that might be why I prefer women with relatively straight hair.

Note: Of course, with my absolute hatred of hair over my ears, if I had 70s hair, I'd have finger blisters due to constantly stroking my hair out of my ears

Googled 80s Perm hair and found these links!  Some of the stars I think look great with the perm (my fav is Meg Ryan) others not so much (aka Dolly Parton which has the "growth" power Badger mentioned :) )

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/gallery/iconic-perms-80s

Here's a page to men's perms.  Not only the 80s, but some people should never get perms.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/13-worst-famous-man-perms-ever?utm_term=.xlNXONWJ5#.hnLlVMRdq

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, dsatow said:

Googled 80s Perm hair and found these links!  Some of the stars I think look great with the perm (my fav is Meg Ryan) others not so much (aka Dolly Parton which has the "growth" power Badger mentioned :) )

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/gallery/iconic-perms-80s

Here's a page to men's perms.  Not only the 80s, but some people should never get perms.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/13-worst-famous-man-perms-ever?utm_term=.xlNXONWJ5#.hnLlVMRdq

Well, my personal opinion would be that about 90% of women then would have looked better without the perm, or severely toned down one.  But, I realize that my oversaturation of perms then has biased me a bit.