The Sailor Guardians are in Gotham City

Mark Rand

One has to wonder how a first-time meeting between the Sailor Scouts and a certain evil-fighting demon would go?

Of course, I'm assuming that the girls don't suffer from a case of the Charmed mentality ("It's a demon! Vanquish it!")...

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

Change! Change! Transmogrify!

Boil the blood in heart of fire! Free the might from fleshly mire!

Gone, gone the form of man,

Rise the demon -- Etrigan!

In general, the Sailor Guardians, despite only their costumes changing, aren't recognizable in their civilian identities. 

I had the idea that one of their teachers, Patricia "Patty" Harris, who moonlights as a Zamboni driver at, Wayne Entertainment-owned, Herod Arena was able to figure it out.  Since they saved her life a couple of times, she's willing to, when possible, help the Sailor Guardians out.  

Edit: I'm hoping someone could suggest how Patty figured it out when others haven't.

Edited by Mark Rand

Considering Venus had a little trip to England and John Constantine is English, I'm thinking of what Venus thinks of the bisexual magic bastard, and vica versa. I guess Venus thinks of him as a rat bastard, someone who does good, but is not a nice man. As for John, he probably views Venus as a powerful little girl, playing a game she might not be equipped to play correctly.

That is, assuming they meet...

4 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

Didn't think of that.  My thought was that she was somehow immune to the spell they generate that keeps people from remembering their faces.

It's kinda a thing in Sailor Moon. If someone can see them transform, then the disguise magic doesn't work against that person. Normally, they are careful about letting people see them transform, but mistakes happen.

9 hours ago, steriaca said:

It's kinda a thing in Sailor Moon. If someone can see them transform, then the disguise magic doesn't work against that person. Normally, they are careful about letting people see them transform, but mistakes happen.

Cool.  It was dusk and Patty was standing in the shadows when they transformed.  She approached them, admitted that she'd seen them change, and promised to keep their secret.  She also thanked them for saving her life and agreed to help them any way she legally could.

Sailor Mercury noticed that she was wearing a Gotham Blades home jersey and asked if she was a hockey fan.  She replied that she and her father, a history professor at Gotham University, drove the Zambonis.

I can only think of four, possibly five members of Batman's Rogues Gallery that might be especially dangerous to the Sailor Guardians/

Scouts -- Bane (because of being superhumanly strong when he's cranked up on Venom), Joker (due to his madness and sheer unpre-

dictability), Killer Croc (superhumanly strong and just plain vicious), Poison Ivy (due to her peculiar "hobby" as well as her "friends"),

and Professor Hugo Strange (somebody who's smart enough to -- maybe -- figure out their secret identities, as well as to come up with

the appropriate mind games to use against each of them).

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

10 hours ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

I can only think of four, possibly five members of Batman's Rogues Gallery that might be especially dangerous to the Sailor Guardians/

Scouts -- Bane (because of being superhumanly strong when he's cranked up on Venom), Joker (due to his madness and sheer unpre-

dictability), Killer Croc (superhumanly strong and just plain vicious), Poison Ivy (due to her peculiar "hobby" as well as her "friends"),

and Professor Hugo Strange (somebody who's smart enough to -- maybe -- figure out their secret identities, as well as to come up with

the appropriate mind games to use against each of them).

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

If we are limited to B:TAS villains, then we have to mention The Mad Hatter, Jarvis Tech. I mean, five + teenage girls, and him on his quest to "find Alice". And only Mercury able to figure out his mind control hat cards.

41 minutes ago, steriaca said:

If we are limited to B:TAS villains, then we have to mention The Mad Hatter, Jarvis Tech. I mean, five + teenage girls, and him on his quest to "find Alice". And only Mercury able to figure out his mind control hat cards.

He might even think Sailor Venus is Alice.

Gotham City is in New Jersey.  Gotham Harbor opens onto Great Bay.  Hammock Cove, Perch Cove, and Little Bay are south of Gotham and Little Egg Inlet is to the east.

Using the modern map of Gotham City, Burnley is the neighborhood the Sailor Guardians call home.  Colfax School (K-8), which most of them attend, and Saint Rosalia Academy (K-8), which Akiko attends, are in that district.  Also in it are Gotham University, Gotham Planetarium, WGTU radio and television (which is PBS affiliated), the Gotham University Medical Center (which includes Gotham Mercy General Hospital and Gotham Children's Hospital), and the Burnley Rec Center.  The planetarium, the medical center, and WGTU are owned by Gotham University.

I'm changing Patty Harris a bit, too.  She was an award-winning Gotham University gymnast who decided to go into teaching.  She still works out, is one of the Rec Center Zamboni drivers, and does her best to tutor Serena.

Catwoman and Tuxedo Mask (if he exist 8n Mark's universe) would be an interesting link between them. One is a cat burglar with a heart of gold, the other is a reincarnated prince forced by dreams to search for a special crystal. Both must of crossed paths at some point.

Which begs the point. What would Batman think of a guy who breaks into gem shops in the middle of the night, but after looking at the place's crystal and minarel displays, leaves empty handed (sometimes leaving other burglars tied up and waiting for the cops, like for example Catwoman)?

How to deal with Tuxedo Mask in the game...

1) He is best used as a NPC Hero. Especially if your going to have him be incapatated, captured, or brainwashed half the time.

2) Don't force the romance between him and Sailor Moon.

3) I would go with the first anime series for charatration. He may.be a bit broody, and romantic, but he also can be a little bit funny also.

4) Don't make the mistake of thinking just because he doesn't outshine Sailor Moon, that he is useless.

5) Make sure he doesn't outbrood Batman. Sure Darien has a dark past with dead parents and memory loss, but dang it, Batman MUST be the dark one.

The idea I had was for Tuxedo Mask to arrive on the scene above the Sailor Guardians, fling a rose, make some comment, and then leave.

It that doesn't work out, they could always be in Pittsburgh.  Sailors Mercury, Venus, Moon, and Jupiter would be in Greenfield Elementary School (K-8).  Sailor Mars would be in Saint Rosalia Academy, which is just up the street from it.  The shrine would be on the undeveloped hillside across from Pittsburgh Pride Car Wash.  The Magee Rec Center, with its field and playground, are a bit furthur up the street, which is hilly and windy.  Sailors Uranus and Neptune would go to Taylor Allderdice, which the other guardians would later attend.

5 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

The idea I had was for Tuxedo Mask to arrive on the scene above the Sailor Guardians, fling a rose, make some comment, and then leave.

It that doesn't work out, they could always be in Pittsburgh.  Sailors Mercury, Venus, Moon, and Jupiter would be in Greenfield Elementary School (K-8).  Sailor Mars would be in Saint Rosalia Academy, which is just up the street from it.  The shrine would be on the undeveloped hillside across from Pittsburgh Pride Car Wash.  The Magee Rec Center, with its field and playground, are a bit furthur up the street, which is hilly and windy.  Sailors Uranus and Neptune would go to Taylor Allderdice, which the other guardians would later attend.

They can be wherever you want them to be. Gotham has a really dark and seedie past and history, but the average person feals safe... during the day time and away from the crime ridden sections of Gotham. Prehaps the fine citizens of Gotham see the Sailor Guardians as a bright light, singling the future Gotham (a Crystal Gotham, if you will), with an almost non-existent crime rate, and no need for a Batman.

41 minutes ago, steriaca said:

They can be wherever you want them to be. Gotham has a really dark and seedie past and history, but the average person feals safe... during the day time and away from the crime ridden sections of Gotham. Prehaps the fine citizens of Gotham see the Sailor Guardians as a bright light, singling the future Gotham (a Crystal Gotham, if you will), with an almost non-existent crime rate, and no need for a Batman.

Yeah, but Pittsburgh, with all its hills, is probably the best choice.