The Sailor Guardians are in Gotham City

Mark Rand

3 hours ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

Yeah, Bats does get around, doesn't he? It also seems that there's nowhere  --  or nowhen -- that he can't show up if circumstances

permit.

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

He might never gotten to Jusinkyo, China. Then again, he could of visit at one time. (Batman and Robin = Electra Woman and Dyna Girl?)

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

He might never gotten to Jusinkyo, China. Then again, he could of visit at one time. (Batman and Robin = Electra Woman and Dyna Girl?)

Don't know what the significance of that location is; I was thinking more of the time in an issue of The Brave and The Bold (pre-Crisis on

Infinite Earths) when Batman got accidentally pulled into the 30th Century and wound up fighting alongside the Legion of Super-Heroes.

IIRC, it happened when someone from the LSH's era came to 20th-century Gotham and planted an antimatter bomb within a time capsule

which was set to detonate 1,000 years in the future; Batman arrived after the creep planted his bomb, assumed that the perp was trying

to steal something, and in attempting to apprehend said perp was pulled along for the ride when he went back to the future*.

*If you only knew how tempted I was to italicize the last four words in that sentence (:sneaky:)...

EDIT: My brain just kicked in. Isn't Jusenkyo where the cursed water pools are in Ranma 1/2?

Major Tom 2009 :snicker:

38 minutes ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

EDIT: My brain just kicked in. Isn't Jusenkyo where the cursed water pools are in Ranma 1/2?

Yes it is. And if you ever seen the Krof show Electra Woman And Dyna Girl and compare it to the original Batman television show with the late Adam West, you get the rest of my comment.

"Holly Crossdressing Martial Artist, Batman."

P.S: For the cell phone version, click on the "I" to turn itallics on and off.

5 hours ago, steriaca said:

Yes it is. And if you ever seen the Krof show Electra Woman And Dyna Girl and compare it to the original Batman television show with the late Adam West, you get the rest of my comment.

"Holly Crossdressing Martial Artist, Batman."

P.S: For the cell phone version, click on the "I" to turn itallics on and off.

Oh, Lord, yes, I did indeed have the dubious fortune to have watched  ElecrtraWoman and DynaGirl  on the Saturday mornings of my

long-vanished youth. In later years, especially during summers when the afternoon soaps like Days of our Lives (in which the actress

that played ElectraWoman, Deidra Hall[?], had an ongoing role in), were running, I used to suspect that -- given the very-often strange

storylines that were part and parcel of those shows, especially back in the '80s -- that the actress sometimes wished that her character

would turn into ElectraWoman and give the Villain of the Season a much-deserved smackdown.

Trust me -- where story elements such as demonic possession, magic swords, and weather-control machines being used to put entire

cities in a deep-freeze are commonplace, the sudden appearance of a superhero wouldn't be all that strange...

1 hour ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

Oh, Lord, yes, I did indeed have the dubious fortune to have watched  ElecrtraWoman and DynaGirl  on the Saturday mornings of my

long-vanished youth. In later years, especially during summers when the afternoon soaps like Days of our Lives (in which the actress

that played ElectraWoman, Deidra Hall[?], had an ongoing role in), were running, I used to suspect that -- given the very-often strange

storylines that were part and parcel of those shows, especially back in the '80s -- that the actress sometimes wished that her character

would turn into ElectraWoman and give the Villain of the Season a much-deserved smackdown.

Trust me -- where story elements such as demonic possession, magic swords, and weather-control machines being used to put entire

cities in a deep-freeze are commonplace, the sudden appearance of a superhero wouldn't be all that strange...

Yes, Deidra Hall played both Electrawoman and Dr. Evans.  General Hospital, which I watched back then, had strange story lines, too.  Maybe the writers were on drugs.

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

Yes, Deidra Hall played both Electrawoman and Dr. Evans.  General Hospital, which I watched back then, had strange story lines, too.  Maybe the writers were on drugs.

I'm sure the Kroff brothers pretake in certain weeds. Just look at there work. Singing bugs who live in a jukebox. A friendly sea monster. A dragon who is a mayor of an island where everything is alive. A world where hats live. A superhero team is the most normal of there work.

14 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

General Hospital was the show I had in mind where the magic sword and weather-control storylines were concerned.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

54 minutes ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

General Hospital was the show I had in mind where the magic sword and weather-control storylines were concerned.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

GH wasn't the same when Luke was seduced by Laura (originally a rape, then retconed). After that, it became the Wired Adventures Of Luke And Laura.

It still beats the serial killer storyline in another soap in the 2000 which morphed into an elaborate kidnapping plot with the kidnappers leaving fake bodies behind because they were featured in Fangoria magazine...

It looks like I'm going to use Gotham after all.  The map of Gotham used will be the one from the old Mayfair game.  The city and surrounding area will be on four islands that are connected to each other and the mainland by bridges and tunnels.

James Gordon is police commissioner.  Miles O'Hara is police chief.  The layout of Wayne Manor is also taken from the Mayfair game.  Batman is Bruce Wayne.  Robin is Richard John "Dick" Grayson.  Batgirl is Alfred's niece, Barbara Wilson.  The Batmobile is based on the Lamborghini Aventador.   The Sailor Guardians are not part of the Teen Titans.  Instead, they're allies of Batman and have access to the Batcave.  They rarely use it though.  Instead, they gather at either the shrine or Sailor Mars' house.

According to Wikipedia, Great Bay, which is supposedly just east of Gotham Harbor, is considered one of the least-disturbed marine wetlands habitats.   It also sets its depth at under 5 feet.  So, that's not where Gotham City is.  It might be down by Ocean City.

Before we were talking about people figuring out Sailor Moon's secret identity without seeing her transform.  I think Molly Baker, her best friend, did.  So, Patty, her teacher, whose name and background may change, could've deduced it, too,

Mariko Nakamura is one of Serena’s middle-school teachers.  She knows the identities of the Inner Guardians, tutors Serena for free, is one of the Zamboni drivers at the rec center ice arena,  and was on the Gotham University gymnastics team.  She also swims and ice skates.  (Lita is the better skater.)

Harold Allnut is Batman's engineer/mechanic and Bruce's groundskeeper/handyman.  He lives in a converted barn on the estate grounds that also contains his shop, the garage for his pickup truck, and hides an entrance to the Batcave.

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

Mariko Nakamura is one of Serena’s middle-school teachers.  She knows the identities of the Inner Guardians, tutors Serena for free, is one of the Zamboni drivers at the rec center ice arena,  and was on the Gotham University gymnastics team.  She also swims and ice skates.  (Lita is the better skater.)

Harold Allnut is Batman's engineer/mechanic and Bruce's groundskeeper/handyman.  He lives in a converted barn on the estate grounds that also contains his shop, the garage for his pickup truck, and hides an entrance to the Batcave.

Together, they fight crime!

1 hour ago, dmjalund said:

Together, they fight crime!

Neither Mariko nor Harold fight crime directly.  Harold designs, builds, modifies, and repairs Batman Robin, and Batgirl's gear while Mariko teaches Serena and reports any unusual occurrences to her and the other Guardians.

3 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Neither Mariko nor Harold fight crime directly.  Harold designs, builds, modifies, and repairs Batman Robin, and Batgirl's gear while Mariko teaches Serena and reports any unusual occurrences to her and the other Guardians.

It should be probably noted that Mariko doesn't have direct links to Batman. She might of teach one Richard Greyson at one time, and may have meet his legal guardians, his aunt Harriet Cooper and of course Bruce Wayne.

I would've thought that, given that the Sailor Guardians are magical super-girls, that Wonder Woman would be

a far more appropriate mentor figure for them than the Batman; let's face it:  teenybopper perkiness wouldn't

last long under the power of the Batglare*.

The Amazonian Pout of Doom*, on the other hand, would be easier to deal with over the long term, lacking as

it does the happiness-crushing power of Batman's Grimness.

(*Both terms courtesy of the fanfic story "Harry Potter and the Power of Oa".)

38 minutes ago, Major Tom 2009 said:

I would've thought that, given that the Sailor Guardians are magical super-girls, that Wonder Woman would be

a far more appropriate mentor figure for them than the Batman; let's face it:  teenybopper perkiness wouldn't

last long under the power of the Batglare*.

The Amazonian Pout of Doom*, on the other hand, would be easier to deal with over the long term, lacking as

it does the happiness-crushing power of Batman's Grimness.

(*Both terms courtesy of the fanfic story "Harry Potter and the Power of Oa".)

Good point.  What city does Wonder Woman call home?  Hopefully, it's a fictitious city that I can have fun with.

5 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Good point.  What city does Wonder Woman call home?  Hopefully, it's a fictitious city that I can have fun with.

The District of Colombia, I believe. Formerly the Island of Thermiskia, aka "Paradise Island", somewhere near Greece. I don't think she lived in a fictional city like the other characters.

5 minutes ago, steriaca said:

The District of Colombia, I believe. Formerly the Island of Thermiskia, aka "Paradise Island", somewhere near Greece. I don't think she lived in a fictional city like the other characters.

Great! Washington, D.C.  We could say that they're in a fictional suburb within the Beltway.

9 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

I just realized that Batman's not their mentor.  Except for Sailor Venus, who spent tome time in Europe, the Sailor Guardians grew up in Gotham.

Batman might not be there "mentor", he can still be interested in helping them develop.

A more likely mentor is Zantana (cause she can cast magic), Wonder Woman (a goddess/Amazon), Madam Xanidu (a mystical gypsy who makes it her job to help normal people protect themselves from the supernatural), and... John Consintine (mystic/mage, may of shaged Sailor V once), and... Catwoman (interested in Tuxedo Mask, first as a rival in crime, but...).

Ok... stretching things with John and Selena. But you'll never know.

Technically, the cats are the mentor. 

Amy, though, would probably be willing to learn martial arts from Batman.  She might, in fact, be his contact with the team.

Zantana, Wonder Woman, and Madame Xanadu, born Nimue Inwudu, a sister to the Lady of the Lake, might be good contacts.  Of course, I'd like this set in the Champions Universe, not the DC Universe, but Batman might be in it.

Amy's not as shy as most people think.  She and her mother have family memberships at various museums, Gotham Planetarium, and the Wayne Botanical Garden and she goes to those places when she can. 

She also launches model rockets, with permission, at a Wilkens Township recreational center when it's not in use and has attended, with her mother, U. S. Space Camp. 

Since royal blue is one of her school's colors, she's  worn a royal blue Space Camp flight suit to school during Spirit Week.