Record clairsentience?

specks

I'm building the character right now and we haven't gotten into any legal issues yet. Right now I am building the character and the mechanics are confusing me.

Some of the suggestions above seem good but not exactly what I am looking for.

The PC, as mentioned, is a PI who can see events (past, present, and future) and wants to record them without the use of mechanical devices (ex. bugs) being planted in a room.

The PI can then record these audio and/or visual images to aid in his investigations.

Thanks for all the previous answers though. :)

6 hours ago, Cassandra said:

Eidetic Memory

I thought of Eidetic Memory, but the OP wants to give the memory to another electronically as part of the condition of the power build.  

I thought transmit might work, but you could probably do a transform electronic storage device or mechanic telepathy with only to convey recorded images with the Eidetic Memory.  Most GMs general shy away from post and precognition due to the inherent limitation in game play especially with mysteries.

I think for sharing/recording to take place then the clairsentient would need to produce something that devices we know could record.

Personally, I would be content with a power that generated images, limited to "only things being seen via clairsentience" and "only onto DVDs".

That way, if there was a DVD to hand, the clairsentient would send all of the images he is seeing through his power onto the DVD that other people would be able to watch and see.  It is a real advantage to be able to do that and so it is almost definitely worth points...

Doc

Hero is not great at simulating the real.  There are various possible answers, most of which have been rehearsed here.  A recording of something, in some ways, does not enhance the power: the character can always tell others what they have 'seen'.  In some situations, though, it might be like allowing another character to share your power - for example if the recording captures conversation in a language you do not speak, you can show it to someone who does speak that language.

Transmission is not a bad idea: it does allow you to share the information you perceive with others, but does not really simulate a 'recording' that could potentially be copied and distributed by someone other than you.

Similar objections could be raised for almost any other solution so I would either handwave it (certainly if it is a modern game then recording devices are ubiquitous and not usually paid for with points) or I would assign a value to it as a new sense modifier,  maybe:

Sense Modifier: Record: allows you to record what you perceive in the same detail that you perceive it and with the same senses.  You can play back the recording at a later time as many times as you want or copy the recording to media freely available in your game world.  Once copied the recording can be viewed and copied by others in possession of the recording even if you are not present, if the technology or powers exist to do so.  When you create a recording it can be protected in any way freely available in your game world. Cost: 2 points for a single sense or 5 points for a single Sense Group or 8 points for a Full Sense Group. If you choose a Full Sense Group then the recording may contain detail that you can not perceive with your own senses but may be perceived by others with the appropriate sense viewing the recording, for example if you can record with the Full Sense Group of Sight then your recording may contain infra-red or ultraviolet  information that someone with the appropriate sense could perceive even if you can not perceive it yourself.  Alternatively the GM may require to actually buy the additional senses or sense modifiers with the limitation (only when the viewer has the appropriate sense -1 if you do not have that sense, -0 otherwise).

15 hours ago, Sean Waters said:

Sense Modifier: Record: allows you to record what you perceive in the same detail that you perceive it and with the same senses.  You can play back the recording at a later time as many times as you want or copy the recording to media freely available in your game world.  Once copied the recording can be viewed and copied by others in possession of the recording even if you are not present, if the technology or powers exist to do so.  When you create a recording it can be protected in any way freely available in your game world. Cost: 2 points for a single sense or 5 points for a single Sense Group or 8 points for a Full Sense Group. If you choose a Full Sense Group then the recording may contain detail that you can not perceive with your own senses but may be perceived by others with the appropriate sense viewing the recording, for example if you can record with the Full Sense Group of Sight then your recording may contain infra-red or ultraviolet  information that someone with the appropriate sense could perceive even if you can not perceive it yourself.  Alternatively the GM may require to actually buy the additional senses or sense modifiers with the limitation (only when the viewer has the appropriate sense -1 if you do not have that sense, -0 otherwise).

I like this idea, though I'm not sure what the difference is between a "single Sense Group" and a "Full Sense Group."  Unless by "Full Sense Group" you mean "all of a character's Sense Groups".  If that's the case, I would disagree with that part of the adder -- I'd suggest Record should be bought for each sense, like Transit.