2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

24 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Moronic freaking git....  Events sound seriously juvenile too.  

Even league min is more than he'll make in any other job he'll ever have, and backup QB just needs to show decent promise to keep a roster spot.

My, my...Deadspin had another article on Kelly, but even more amusing was this piece:

https://deadspin.com/and-now-jon-gruden-is-losing-the-locker-room-1829967182

Speculations along those lines had crossed my mind, based on the Khalil Mack boot, and some of the other stories.  

On 10/26/2018 at 10:18 PM, unclevlad said:

...until we look at Jameis Winston's numbers from yesterday, perhaps.

So at the halfway point, the Donkeys are 3-5, with three of their five losses coming to the Chefs and Rams (arguably the two best teams in the NFL right now) by a total of 14 points. That's encouraging, I suppose. They also have a loss to the Ravens (a decent team) and a blowout loss to the J-E-S-T (absolutely inexcusable).

As for their three wins: One is against a team currently above .500 (Seattle); the other two are against the Cardinals (early leaders for the #1 overall pick next spring) and the Derps (WTH is going on in John Gruden's head?).

The second half of the season features games against the Texans (winners of 5 straight), the Chargers twice, the Steelers, the Bungles (against whom they always seem play poorly, no matter what the respective records are ), the Niners, the Browns, and the Raiders again. Normally we could hope for wins against the last three, and maybe a split against the Chargers. I see no chance of beating Houston, Pittsburgh, or Cincinnati this season. 

So, best case, scenario, 7-9.

Worst case scenario, the wheels completely fall off and the Broncos win only one of their last eight, including a loss to the Browns, and finish with a record worse than last year.

I'm more inclined to expect the latter.

The biggest downside to watching football the last two weekends, and the next coming weekend, is all the political attack ads that are being troweled in between plays at a dizzying rate.

And I think at least half of Washington State has already voted (we have mail-in balloting now).

25 minutes ago, Pariah said:

And the Broncos have traded Demaryius Thomas to the Houston Texans...who they're playing on Sunday.

Trade deadline.  If the offer was good, then...oh well, you play them.  Can't wait until after that game.

Booting Jackson and Haley sounds like it was necessary.  Even severely overdue.

So we have yet another total MORON of a kid backup quarterback.  Kyle Lauletta, backup QB for the Giants.  Yesterday he drives like a jerk;  he doesn't stop but the cops get the plate.  A summons was in the mail.  TODAY, he does the same bloody thing...only worse.  Now he's busted for a number of relatively minor charges, but there's also eluding the police, which is not trivial.  And throw in the summons from the prior day, and you've got a pretty slam-dunk player behavior violation.  At least 4 games, possibly more, but the stupid git was only a 4th round draft pick, so VERY good odds in my book that he'll be cut before the Giants' next game.  They have a bye this week.