2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

Yeah, and that's pretty much what they did.  It did feel like a weird week.  Steelers escaped;  Panthers didn't.  Chargers...man.  That was the egg of the week.

Bleah.  Grotesque.  Nauseating.

Cowboys probably have to be the favorites now to take the NFC Least.  How revolting.

Saints and Rams pretty much have locks on their divisions, even if the Rams lose tonight.  Bears have a nice cushion and they look like a playoff team...Vikes don't.  So the East looks to be the only division up for grabs.  AFC's probably even closer to set...Steelers are 2 1/2 up, Pats have no competition.  San Diego could challenge KC, especially if the Chiefs lose tonight, but losing at home to a bad team is not the way to proceed.  Is Indy, and Luck, back to being relevant?  Still 2 back of Houston.

Still, despite all the noise, we're all figuring Chiefs-Pats and Rams-Saints for the conference titles.

Yeah, I think that's a good point.  The so-called vets don't even count as retreads;  they're far more used than that.  And proven LACK of ability.  The only counterpoint is, what other options are there?  Take a kid still pretty fresh out of college?  An option QB would rarely work w/o major retooling and that's impractical at this point.  The ones who *have* shown promise are probably all 3rd QBs on 53-man rosters...maybe 1 or 2 on practice squads.

Listening to the incredible Rams-Chiefs matchup tonight, the "field conditions" complaint about playing the game in Mexico looks very, very fishy. Sure, the NFL will have a game in Mexico City next year -- if the two teams don't turn out to be good. Only the worst south of the border!

Global initiatives are fine, to a point. But this is still a game played almost solely in the United States, and that is probably the way it ought to be -- at least for the next couple of decades. I hate to think how foreign leagues with limited resources would handle the CTE problem.

No, Michael.  Did you see the pics of the turf?  It was TERRIBLE.  They tried to change it about a week in advance, which would seem to be a desperation move.  

That said...sheesh, people, when are you gonna LEARN that in a game like this....DON'T SCORE TOO FAST!!!!  Chiefs with 4 minutes, then Rams just under 2.  

Wow, I was thinking first to 50....but nooooooooooooooooo......  gonna be last team with the ball.

And crazy, crazy, crazy.  2 insane offenses, 2 bad defenses...and 3 defensive touchdowns.  AND 80+ points from the offenses, and Mahomes ANOTHER 6 TD game.  INSANE!  

Former defensive players are just shaking their heads.......current defensive players are saying "gawd I'm got it's not me!!!"

LOL

Yeah, a fun little point raised tangentially during the game, then McFarland is hitting postgame.

How useless a coach is Captain 500, Jeff Fisher?  I remember pretty scathing comments about how he strangles his teams with his arch-conservative EVERYTHING.  He had Goff and the Rams 2 years ago and they played to his capabilities.  Now...wow....

13 hours ago, Pariah said:

This was bound to come up, given that Washington only had two quarterbacks on the roster yesterday:

Mark Sanchez leads reported list of bad QBs Redskins would rather have than Colin Kaepernick

Hey guys, don't forget that Paxton Lynch is still available, too!

Don't worry if it comes to Kaepernick and bringing back Kirk Cousins, I'm sure they would pick Kapernick.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:00 PM, unclevlad said:

The universe is a SICK place if it does.  33 years ago TO THE DAY, Taylor broke Thiesmann's leg.

Adding to the weirdness:

- Lawrence Taylor did the deed then, JJ Watt was one of 2 players now...both are the only 3 time defensive players of the year

- both occurred around the 40 yd line

- the final score of both games was 23-21

- Theismann was in attendance watching the play as it happened

Yeah, whoever set the O/U at 63 was an IDIOT.  Come on, each is averaging over 30, and each is in the bottom quarter in points allowed.  Can we say Amplification?  2 great offenses versus 2 suspect defenses.  I'd target something like 38-35 so an O/U of 73 wouldn't have shocked me, and might have been decently close in most games.  Can't anticipate all the defensive scores.

ESPN NFL Live is pointing out that the Bears are getting HOSED.  Early game on Turkey Day...and it's an earlier start than the Sunday early games...after being flexed into the Sunday night game.  Not pre-scheduled...flexed.  As we're on a betting kick...Bears are a middling favorite.  I'd take the Lions to cover on that alone;  add in that Trubisky's banged up, and I'd definitely take the Lions to cover.   Win?  Not sure about that.