2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

2 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

... And you are ... non-tiny?

Edelman's only lsted as 5'10, and 200, so he's 6-8 inches shorter and anything from 60 to 130 pounds lighter than tight ends, linemen, and linebackers.  And often 5 or more inches shorter than most other wideouts.

The imagery happens in the NBA too, from time to time.  Steph Curry looks like a midget compared to the rest of the Warriors lineup....but recognize he's 6'3".  

On 12/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, Starlord said:

George Kittle, TE for the 49ers, has 210 receiving yards against the Broncos...IN THE FIRST HALF!

Sort of what we 49er fans are coming to expect from George !  With all the busts or slow developers the team has drafted in recent years Kittle is a shining light (and one of the best tight ends playing at the moment !)

47 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Edelman's only lsted as 5'10, and 200, so he's 6-8 inches shorter and anything from 60 to 130 pounds lighter than tight ends, linemen, and linebackers.  And often 5 or more inches shorter than most other wideouts.

To be clear, I have never weighed 200 pounds, nor am I anywhere near as athletic or attractive as Edelman.

I have Prime.  I stream a game every now and again when there's some other event I want on the TV screen instead.   Unfortunately, it's still Buck and Aikman, so no relief there.....

And it's still sloppy, ill-prepared TNF.  Leave that to meaningless games like the Battle of the Bird Cage...Cards/Falcons.

8 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Another week, another coordinator or coach fired after a loss to Seattle.  The Vikings just fired offensive coordinator John DeFilippo.

That's in lieu of firing Zimmer midseason.  

The Vikes are, IMO, backing the wrong horse...not that Zimmer or DeFilippo are geniuses, but Kirk Cousins simply has not shown he belongs in the kitchen.  He can't stand the heat.  The Vikes massively overpaid.  Plus, the offensive line is bad.  Don't care who the QB is, he's never going to be consistent with a bad line around him.  

Too nice.  The Raiders are the trailer trash uncle who get uncomfortable in any environment that's not covered in garbage and graffiti, because it makes them realize how far they have to go to achieve even basic respectability.  Instead they double down, wear filthy sweatpants on purpose, and make loud noises about "keeping it real", just so they'll have a prefabricated excuse for their failures.

My, my.

"Defense wins championships" is BS.

However, a severely deficient defense does not win championships.  KC's secondary is abysmal, and...who knows.  It may cost them now, given that their offensive diversity is so reduced.  They're not scoring with quite the same efficiency as early in the year;  defenses finally rounding into shape is another factor there too.  That means the defense needs to be merely adequate.  Fine, they had sacks, they got pressures...but they caved repeatedly, and gave up 2 late TDs while showing not much resistance.

Chiefs have to go to Seattle, which is a tricky game to handicap.  Seattle plays the Niners, so they should win and move to 9-5.  That's enough to clich a tie for the 6 seed no matter what;  dunno where head to head tiebreaks are, but beating the Niners gives them the better conference record guaranteed.    In my book, it's a contender/pretender game...if the Chiefs are real SB contenders, they need to win a game like this.  If they lose.....they're in a world of hurt.  Chargers have to beat the Ravens...and then a rivalry game in Denver, but the Broncos may well be eliminated.

Amusing thought.  An all-LA SB is plausible.  Rather a long shot, but plausible.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, unclevlad said:

Wow......

Redskins didn't roll over, they never showed up.  40 points to the Giants halfway through the 3rd?  27 total plays for less than 60 yards in about 2 1/2 quarters???  I'll grant the injuries.  I'll grant that having Lord Buttfumble as your QB is pretty much a nightmare scenario.

Still......................at least try to look like a decent college team, not their JV team.

EDIT:  and I see Sanchez got yanked.  Not seeing anything saying it was an injury, he was just being Mark Sanchez.  Pick 6 early, HORRIBLY ineffective, but hey what can you expect under the circumstances?  QB with a terrible track record, a mountain's worth of rust, and lack of familiarity with the details of the offense and the other players.  Yeah, that trifecta always works REAL well.

It's Emperor Buttfumble, get the right royal title. :lol:

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, Starlord said:

Well, at least he was the best guy available for the Redskins system, according to Jay Gruden....

*cough* Kaepernick *cough*

Yeah, I've been merciless to Kaepernick collusion suit, because you have to realize you cant bring more boat rocking than your talent. (whatever your opinion on his doings may be)

But, with the Skins (and lesser extent Bills all year) current situation,  he's got somewhat a point.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, Old Man said:

I remember the wife laughing at a tiny football player who was dwarfed by the players around him on the field.  "Who is that little guy?  What's he doing in the game?"  And I replied, "Julian Edelman is my height."

Yeah, my mother first time she saw a Astros game on TV with Altuve batting. "What's the bat boy doing?"

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:31 AM, Michael Hopcroft said:

In Ye Olden Days, defensive players with broken hands would have the hand in a cast and play. It was not that uncommon for them to use the cast as a makeshift club, something the league frowned upon but couldn't really stop.

Today they have found a way to deal with this, sort of organically, as doctors realized that playing with a broken hand or wrist can cause long-term harm even to linemen. It was the sort of "faux tough" that fans seem to miss.

They don't miss the fake toughness, they miss the clubbing. :D