Enforcer84

2018-19 NFL Thread.

2 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

... And you are ... non-tiny?

Edelman's only lsted as 5'10, and 200, so he's 6-8 inches shorter and anything from 60 to 130 pounds lighter than tight ends, linemen, and linebackers.  And often 5 or more inches shorter than most other wideouts.

The imagery happens in the NBA too, from time to time.  Steph Curry looks like a midget compared to the rest of the Warriors lineup....but recognize he's 6'3".  

On 12/10/2018 at 9:48 AM, Starlord said:

George Kittle, TE for the 49ers, has 210 receiving yards against the Broncos...IN THE FIRST HALF!

Sort of what we 49er fans are coming to expect from George !  With all the busts or slow developers the team has drafted in recent years Kittle is a shining light (and one of the best tight ends playing at the moment !)

47 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Edelman's only lsted as 5'10, and 200, so he's 6-8 inches shorter and anything from 60 to 130 pounds lighter than tight ends, linemen, and linebackers.  And often 5 or more inches shorter than most other wideouts.

To be clear, I have never weighed 200 pounds, nor am I anywhere near as athletic or attractive as Edelman.

After that debacle...

Given that the Vikes can't afford to touch Kirk Cousins...not with what they pay him...Mike Zimmer has no chance of surviving the axe once their season's over, IMO.  The Vikes' offense was offensive, all right.

Seattle finally punches one in, and then doubles down with a strip-sack.  Pity they gave up the garbage time TD, though.

From the fantalk site, though, seems I made the proper decision to watch the game muted.

I have Prime.  I stream a game every now and again when there's some other event I want on the TV screen instead.   Unfortunately, it's still Buck and Aikman, so no relief there.....

And it's still sloppy, ill-prepared TNF.  Leave that to meaningless games like the Battle of the Bird Cage...Cards/Falcons.

8 minutes ago, Cancer said:

Another week, another coordinator or coach fired after a loss to Seattle.  The Vikings just fired offensive coordinator John DeFilippo.

That's in lieu of firing Zimmer midseason.  

The Vikes are, IMO, backing the wrong horse...not that Zimmer or DeFilippo are geniuses, but Kirk Cousins simply has not shown he belongs in the kitchen.  He can't stand the heat.  The Vikes massively overpaid.  Plus, the offensive line is bad.  Don't care who the QB is, he's never going to be consistent with a bad line around him.  

Too nice.  The Raiders are the trailer trash uncle who get uncomfortable in any environment that's not covered in garbage and graffiti, because it makes them realize how far they have to go to achieve even basic respectability.  Instead they double down, wear filthy sweatpants on purpose, and make loud noises about "keeping it real", just so they'll have a prefabricated excuse for their failures.

If they're going to LA, how about Chavez Ravine? I mean, the Raiders have been playing in a baseball stadium for the last 20+ years anyway....