2018-19 NFL Thread.

Enforcer84

Controversial offensive lineman Richie Incognito says he is retiring. Though I doubt he will be much missed (he was named in a bullying scandal that led to a player leaving his team and resulted in a long suspension), but his claim that his liver and kidneys have "stopped working" due to stress is something that, if true, I would not wish on anyone.

7 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Controversial offensive lineman Richie Incognito says he is retiring. Though I doubt he will be much missed (he was named in a bullying scandal that led to a player leaving his team and resulted in a long suspension), but his claim that his liver and kidneys have "stopped working" due to stress is something that, if true, I would not wish on anyone.

Yep, the bullying thing was probably the primary reason he left the Dolphins.

I have no sympathy for him.  He's a racist POS.

Richie was a piece of crap in college. That's why he was kicked out of Nebraska (?) and came to Oregon where they don't value class...only to be kicked out there too, IIRC. Though I may have the order wrong.

He never grew out of his youth and became a crappy adult who can't deal with other people and the fact that he had a career this long is a depressing anecdote to the power of Football. 

Undermotivated slot receiver is undermotivated.

Rumor has it the Browns are also leaning toward spending the #1 pick on Josh Allen, the Wyoming QB with an arm that can reach the entire field, enabling him to spray footballs anywhere in the stadium.  The defense will never be able to predict where the football will go.  And neither will the offense.

Stop me if you've heard this one before....

Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict suspended four games for PED violation

From the article:

This will be the third consecutive season during which Burfict is suspended. He was previously suspended in both 2016 and 2017 for violations of player safety rules. He has not played a full season since 2013.

18 hours ago, Watchman Mk. IV said:

Yeah, great deterrent, huh?

Not to mention, Sanchez?  PED's?  Really?  When was the last time he was asked to perform, let alone enhance it?

He's probably desperate to make a team -- any team -- at the tail end of a career filled with lack of surprise and mediocrity.

• 5 weeks later...